Sequoia was very specific in how she wanted to celebrate her sixth birthday. I was really hoping not to put on a production of a party and tried to talk her into all sorts of things to do just her and a friend, but she had a hard time picking just one friend and knew she wanted a 'puppy party' in our backyard. I'll admit I wasn't thrilled about the situation at first but it turned out so cute and totally 'Sequoia.' Thanks to Pinterest and Etsy it was actually pretty easy too. Sequoia had a great day so that's all that matters!
Sequoia is a popular young lady. She has school friends, neighbor friends, dance friends and friends in my moms ward. She had a hard time narrowing the guest list to 10 but she did it!
Once everyone arrived, we started with dinner, consisting of: hot 'dogs', 'paw'sta salad, 'paw'tato chips, snicker 'poodles', and 'pup' cakes.
Then each of Sequoia's guests chose a puppy to adopt.
After the adoption we split the guests into three groups to take their new puppies to different stations.
![]() |
| the vet |
![]() |
| the groomer |
![]() |
| and a pet carrier decoration center |
I was very grateful to have my amazing sister in law, sister, and the girls' babysitter there to help me!
After presents we let the kids play some games and with their new pets before leaving. When all the guests were gone my parents, Dillon's parents, and some other family members stopped by to wish Miss Q a happy birthday.
What a great day it was! We wish Dillon could have been there but we knew he sent his love. Happy birthday sweet Toadsy! I'm glad I could make your puppy party dreams come true!











1 comment:
Oh my!!! You are the best mom! Her party looks so cute and fun.
Post a Comment