.

.

8.01.2014

Sequoia at Five-Years-Old

I know people say they grow up quick, but man, it has!  Five seems so old, but here we are!  I really couldn't ask for a better kid.  Sequoia is my best helper and friend.  She always tries to do what is right and hates to disappoint Dillon or me but is very honest with us when she does something wrong.  

Not too long ago someone was describing Sequoia and said she has an old soul.  It is very true.  She comes to me in the evening and tells me "Its been a long day, I think I'll go to bed now."  and gets up and gets herself ready every morning.  She loves structure and thrives off doing her daily chores and gets after me when I don't do mine!  With this maturity comes a level of anxiety that has shown its self more lately but I'm really trying to help her just enjoy being a kid.

 Sequoia has always had a crazy imagination and is still very into playing pretend she talks about imaginary friends: her kids, her husband, and most recently, her roommate.  It's hilarious! 

Miss Q has such a fascination with learning and asks so many questions about life and the world around her.  When my answers aren't suffice (sometimes I don't know how many species of poisonous spiders there are or the average speed of a hurricane!) she begs Dillon or me to 'look it up.'  She will watch YouTube videos or documentaries for hours and then tell us a variety of useless information. 

 Talking to her is like talking to an adult and sometimes she'll go to one of her neighbor friends houses and if the kids cant play she asks the mom if she can come in and 'chat.'

Sequoia has a lot of maternal instinct and helps me so much with Winter.  She also has a baby doll of her own which she totes around and treats like a real baby.  

She is a natural leader.  Sometimes she is bossy but the older she gets the more I can tell its just her nature to take charge and I love it.  It's a great quality for a girl to have. 

She has a scary good memory and will hold anyone accountable to their promises.  She is also great at directions and will tell me 'we're almost to grandmas' or 'you missed the turn for Target.'  

Ha!  Oh this kid.  She is a crack up and we just love her to pieces!  I'm a lucky mom.



 











No comments: