.

.

8.23.2014

Ford FamDamily and the Wasatch Back

In June, I captained a Ragnar Team for the Wasatch Back Ragnar.  Our team was Ford FamDamily because it consisted of {almost} all cousins/spouses from my moms side.  So.Much.Fun!  

My cousin Holly and her hubby, Spencer flew in Thursday.  On Friday morning Em and I took them to a Utah Original to fuel up for our big race before meeting at the exchange.

We gathered up the rest of the members of Van 2 and headed to the Exchange near Ogden Canyon. 
 JaNae Fuller (sister's roommate).Em (sister).Me.Spencer(cousin-in-law).Holly(cousin).Sami(cousin)

Spencer was a real good sport to put up with all us CRAZY girls for two days!

 This was my third (and hardest) Ragnar, and I've said from the first time I did one I HAVE to do one with my sissy!  I'm so glad I finally got to!

 Cutest couple award!  Spencer told us he really hates running but loves spending time with Holly so he does it anyway, so sweet!

The two single, college girls cracked us up!  They had so much energy in the beginning but were the first to take a nap in the van and got more sleep than the rest of us! Ha!  Glad we had a good cheering section though!

Soooo this course was crazy!  These were just a couple of posted signs we found a long the way.  Most the legs were through mountains/dirt trails and we were in and out of cell service.  I think every leg was difficult and 'hilly'!  I wasn't as conditioned as I had hoped and got my butt kicked.  Our other complaint was the exchanges were so crowded.  We spent a lot of time in the 'Party Van' good thing we had such good company!
 
My first leg was at Snowbasin Resort.  It was so pretty!  I was the last runner in our van so this was also a major exchange where we got to meet up with some more cousins!

After our first legs we got some dinner and after our second legs we got some rest.  My brother was a lifesaver and had parked his RV near the course in Kamas so we had beds and a restroom to freshen up before our third legs.

I'll admit, being a captain was a lot more work than I ever dreamed, and I feel bad I wasn't more helpful to my captains the other times I ran.  I totally dropped the ball on our start time and we got a late start.  Poor JaNae had to work Saturday night so we made some changes and she ran her third leg first and then had to leave.  My third leg ended up being the WORST!  This picture shows the elevation climb on paper- woof!
 Buuuttt it made for a beautiful scene at the top!

Sami was a rock star and took the last leg of the race, which was extremely treacherous with no van support.  She did amazing and brought us all in to the finish line!

I love this picture.  Em and Holly are two of my favorite people! I love that Spencer is checking Holly out and the look on Brian's face (cousin, far right) was the same face he had every time I handed off to him.  He was so sweet and just happy to be there!
 
We made it!!! Awe, except JaNae!  We love her! I guess don't run a race with Holly and me, we tend to start with 12 and end with 11...

Damon! (cousin-in-law) directly behind me!  His face says exactly how all of us were feeling!

Like I said, being captain was way more work than I ever dreamed!  Luckily our whole team was awesome and so helpful!  Especially Holly, there is no way this would have happened without her!

and Mi Familia!  

My grandparent's let me steal their van, my parents took excellent care of my babies, my brother provided sleeping accommodations for our team.  I had an aunt, two cousins and a family friend volunteer for our team, and my husband so patiently supported me even when things were crazy! 

We decided to maybe take team Ford FamDamily to Ragnar ever other year, so here's to 2016!

No comments: