.

.

8.30.2014

BOSTON!

We decided with two kids in tow this year, it would be better for the girls and I to make one long trip to Boston rather than several shorter ones to visit Dillon.  So, the day after my 29th birthday, we loaded up and headed to Boston for the whole month of July!
This was my birthday, the night before we left, pedi's with the girls.

And the next morning- once we got this baby shut, we we're off!
I was pretty proud of myself actually... a months worth of things for myself, a child and a toddler in ONE BAG!  It took some determination but we did it!   

I've flown plenty of times alone with Sequoia and Winter is an angel so I wasn't too worried about our flight, but still, alone with two kids, all their crap in one tiny space for over 5 hours... YIKES!  I always worry who we will be sitting by since, we don't travel light and we're not quiet seat mates buuuut, we got pretty lucky this go around.
We were in the second to back row and a darling family with three children was behind us.  They had an infant on their lap and two little girls in their own seats, the rows had three seats to a row so they placed their five-year-old alone in the row in front of them and hoped for the best on who would be next to her.  Enter five-year-old Sequoia who was in desperate need of a buddy to play with and entertain her for the duration of the flight so mom could focus on little Winter.  It was perfect and the flight went on without a hitch!
Isn't it ironic that all those times I would fly out to see Dillon before we had kids I was super annoyed and judgy about all those overwhelmed parents with loud, obnoxious kids on planes-  look at me now!  God sure showed me! Ha!
We arrived really late in the evening just in time for bed.  In addition to wanting to fit everything in one bag and have as few things to haul around as possible through the airport, I refused to bring Winter's pack n play.  So as soon as we got to Dillon's apartment we turned my magical bag into this:
Where Winter slept for a month.  Ha!  It worked perfect!  More on the rest of our Boston adventures to come...

No comments: