.

.

7.14.2010

Proud to be an American


We had so much fun this year celebrating the 4th of July. It's been a long time since we've been in Utah for this holiday and after this year I'm convinced this is the best place to celebrate!

We started on Saturday, the 3rd. Quoia and I went to Papa and Nana's for a patriotic swim.


We love going over there for a dip, not just to cool off but because we love seeing them and Nana spoils us both!

That evening we got spiffied up in our red white and blue and got ready for the Stadium of Fire.
Our look was complete with matching shoes!

We went to the Stadium of Fire with my family but were so happy Trudy was able to join us as well.

We had quite the group this year! My aunt Donnette was in town and came too! I'm so glad she did, she totally rocks! And a big thanks to my awesome parents who took us all.

...little bro Zachary and his cute girlie friend Kiley...

...and Em...
I promised I wouldn't write something about her lack of date in this picture... so... um, here she is.
*all the single ladies, all the single ladies*

We were a little unsure how Quoia was going to do for her first concert but she was really into it and did great! Who doesn't love Carrie Underwood?

Even though she did okay for the concert portion we were still terrified how she would react to the fireworks, being that close and all. I wasn't going to take any chances and brought my work headphones that I use on the shooting range to drown out the noise. It worked like a charm, she just sat and watched while enjoying her baba. I don't know why I worry, she's such an angel!

My dad always complains about events like this and tells everyone how miserable it was after. Well, if you here from him just keep this picture in mind:

On Sunday we enjoyed barbeque's with both the Story's and the Claytons, but I didn't manage to get any pictures. Monday morning we got up bright and early to cheer on Dillon's boss in the Freedom Run. Then we watched the parade with him and his family.

Sequoia seemed to really enjoy her first parade.

Monday afternoon Dillon and I were both dreading the work week ahead after having almost two weeks off. We decided to have one last Hurrah to end our vacation and holiday weekend with a bang. Dillon told me I got to pick what we did. I think he regretted it when I told him I wanted to run the river. It was cold and I know he didn't really want to go but once we got up there we had a blast! It was the perfect way to spend time just the two of us, another reason I love living in Utah.

Well happy 4th of July! I really am so grateful we have a day to recognize our country and the freedoms we enjoy. Hope yours was as good as ours was!

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

I LOVE Quoia's adorable patriotic swim suit...so cute!! And of course her red, white, and blue dress was perfect!! I wish we would have gotten Audrey and Sequoia's picture in their matching dresses.
And I do have to agree with you about Utah being the best place to celebrate 4th of July!!