This last week my cousin Cody was married in Southern California. This wedding has been in the works for over a year and I told Dillon awhile ago I didn't want to miss it. So we decided to take advantage of the excuse to go to Cali and Dillon no longer doing summer sales and make a family vacation out of it. We had talked about going to Disneyland with our best friends, the Obergs, for quite some time and we're so glad they joined us for the trip! We had an absolute blast with them! I decided to do the posts in a day by day format to make it easier when I print my blurb book, so here goes days one and two.
We left early Thursday morning and decided with two babies it would be a good idea to break the drive up by stopping in Vegas for a night. To our surprise both babies did AMAZINGLY well the whole drive down. Since Sequoia isn't quite 20 lbs. she still had to face backwards, so we put the babies in the third row together to entertain each other and it worked out great! Tami and I sat in the back seat together and at one point we turned around to find the babies like this:
Totally holding hands and blabbing away at each other. Too cute!
We stayed at the Luxor which actually ended up being pretty nice.
We hit up the pool area first thing. It was so hot and felt so good to be out of the car.
After wearing ourselves out swimming we went to dinner and walked to the Bellagio because we thought the kids would like the water show.
Tami and me waiting for the show to start. I'm not sure why we were totally checking each other out in this pic but I can honestly say I love this chick! We had a great time together all week.
By the time we walked down and waited for the show to start Sequoia had crashed. Dillon was so sweet with her and wanted to hold her. They danced to the music of the show. The Bellagio has sentimental value to Dillon and I and I think I might do a flashback post about it later. But I think that was why he just wanted to love her at that moment, it was precious.
We drove the rest of the way early Friday morning, in just enough time to drop off Ryan, Tami, Oliver, and Sequoia (no kids allowed at the wedding) at the beach house and head to the reception center. The wedding was held at a gorgeous place in Rancho Cucamonga.
...me and my hot date...
...me and my seester...
A look at the ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful! After, they had a delicious dinner and dancing. Dillon and I had a great time getting our groove on with my cousins. I have a super fun family!
Congratulations Cody and Allison!!! So glad we were able to make it.
I'll post the rest of our vacay later.
No comments:
Post a Comment