Wow! I feel like we enjoyed the holiday spirit all month long. Here are a few ways how, I hope I didn't forget anything!
We got lots of snow during the month of December. Dillon and Sequoia sure enjoyed it! They played in the yard several times, built a snowman, and went skiing a couple of times. Sequoia has really had fun on the slopes this year and is getting really good!
We attended the Story Family Christmas Party and participated in the annual Nativity. Sequoia wanted nothing to do with it but Winter made an excellent Baby Jesus! I wasn't great at taking pics but we had a great dinner, gift exchange, Nativity and after the girls went shopping while the boys played basketball.
Sequoia had a Christmas dance performance. It started off okay,
but quickly turned to this, so we left. We are rethinking the whole competitive dance situation... At least she looked cute!
Gracie the Elf visited us again through December. Sequoia was really in to it this year which made it a lot of fun! Sequoia loved finding her every morning and a few times Gracie left the girls notes or surprises for being extra good.
We decided instead of doing a gift exchange with Dillon's siblings this year we would have a dinner and game night together. It was a great idea and so fun! Those Story Boys might be a little too competitive but we all had a great time! Love this crew!
We also hosted a UFC Fight Night party this month. It was fun to get together with friends we don't see often enough!
Winter did a lot of shopping with me. She is such a good girl and a great shopping buddy! We were also busy with doctors appointments for her this month. She has responded well to the medication for her hemangioma, we are very relieved!
The girls got to visit Santa twice this year. The first time was at Sequoia's school's Christmas in the Village party and the second was at the Clayton Family Christmas party (which I also slacked on pictures at.) Both times were a success!
A few other things we did were see Frozen with the girls and Catching Fire for a date night and Sequoia had a Polar Express party at her school. We also welcomed home Hermana Clayton! I have a whole post about that special day coming soon!!!













3 comments:
I meant to comment on your last post but don't think I ever did. My nephew had a hemangioma on the tip of his nose as a baby (honestly it was a pretty bad one). They gave him blood pressure medication that they found reduced hemangiomas. It totally worked. He is now 3 and you would never even know it had ever been there. I could barely even notice Winter's even when I was looking really hard for it, so I'm sure it will clear right up!
Oh, and I thought you might like to check out this post my sister-in-law did on her blog showing the progression and treatment of his. I know it helps me hearing about people who have gone through similar things.
http://vanceandannalisa.blogspot.com/2011/06/infantile-hemangioma-lincolns-progress.html
Kim!!! I have been such a blog slacker! I haven't looked at anyone's blogs, or done anything with my own, in months. It was fun to read through your posts. I loved seeing all the pictures from Thanksgiving. I might have to "borrow" a few of those pictures for when I finally get my blog caught up. I haven't given up yet!!
I was reading about Winter. I'm glad the medication is going well for her and that she's doing great. What an ordeal for such a tiny baby! Glad everything is good.
We are so looking forward to the Spring an seeing you guys!! Can't wait!
Post a Comment