.

.

1.18.2014

New Years

To be honest I haven't felt like going out much lately.  Maybe it's having a little one, or two kids instead of one, or the cold, but I've just loved being a home body.  My sis-in-law Jenna and I were discussing this a couple days before New Years Eve and decided to keep things low key and double date to a movie and dinner.  Perfect.


The girls were lucky enough to be taken care of by their favorite babysitter, Auntie Em.  Can you tell she was thrilled? Just kidding, we were home in plenty of time for her to have her own New Years Eve adventure.  

The girls got floating lanterns for Christmas and Dillon and I thought it would be a fun tradition to set them off every year on New Years.  Apparently we were wrong.  Sequoia didn't want to and ask to go to bed shortly after we got home.  
I'm pretty sure all of us were in bed by 11:30.  Better luck next year I guess!  

It was fun thinking about all we accomplished in 2013.  
~we went to Disneyland, Moab, Zions, Las Vegas, Main, and St. George
~Made lots of memories in Boston
~Dillon had a successful season selling for Protection One and lived in Texas, Boston and Atlanta
 ~I took and passed the LSAT, but decided against law school for now
~Sequoia skied, danced, tumbled, learned and grew a ton!
~we welcomed Winter Joyce to our family
-to name a few

Looking ahead to 2014 is exciting and actually a little overwhelming.  My maternity leave ended the second week of January and Dillon had a business trip the week after that.  So we were thrown right back into real life after both having a three month break!  I have a lot of things I'm looking forward to this year (Disneyland, spending time with my hunny and the people closest to me, being captain of a Ragnar team/getting my body back, sequoia starting kindergarten, Winter's first year of life) and a lot of things I want to do (cook more, clean more, love more, play more, worry less.)  But for now, I'm just taking it one day at a time. 

 Lets see what you've got 2014!     


No comments: