I really enjoyed this holiday season more than normal. Probably because I was still on maternity leave and had significantly more time on my hands. And also because Dillon was around a lot more than usual, Sequoia is at a very fun age and it's always fun to have a new baby around.
We stuck with tradition and went to Dillon's mom's house on Christmas Eve. We had a yummy dinner, good company and lots of presents!
We didn't get home until late, so we pretty much just put the kids straight to bed. We whipped out the presents and hit the hay ourselves. We didn't have to assemble anything this year, so that was pretty awesome!
Christmas morning Dill and I woke up before the girls. We waited as long as we could before waking them up. When we went in Quoia's room she insisted on putting on her Belle dress Nana gave her the night before, high heels and a purse before making her entrance in the living room for presents. That kid! She's hilarious!
I could have died that this $3 umbrella trumped a tablet for favorite gift, but it did!
And Baby Winter was easy to shop for too, she sure enjoyed her first Christmas!
We enjoyed some time as a little family before cleaning up and heading to Grandma Story's for ebleskivers breakfast.
Dillon did most of the cooking. Jenna and I enjoyed our delicious salted caramels as an appetizer!
After visiting with the Story Fam for a bit we went to my parent's for Christmas dinner.
And Santa found us again!!
It was so great having Em and my grandparents there. We ate, did presents, and hung out for a bit before Dillon took Sequoia home to get ready for bed. Winter and I stayed and watched Christmas movies with Emily and my mom.
It was a great day!















No comments:
Post a Comment