.

.

1.17.2014

My BFF is Back!!!

EEEKKK!!!  My little sis returned from her LDS mission just days before Christmas!  No one was anticipating her return more than yours truly!  Em is honestly my best friend and there were countless days and nights over the past 18 months that I didn't know how I could possibly survive another day without talking to her, but now she's home!  

The day she was supposed to come home the weather was terrible, the airport closed, we didn't have any way to contact her, didn't know where she was, it was a nightmare to say the least.  More than 24 hours after we thought we would be able to get her, she finally arrived in Salt Lake!  There were ten other missionaries on her flight, all of which with families in the same situation as us so it was a party at the airport terminal for sure!
 We waited for what felt like forever!
 And then there she was!
 My mom and I ran to her. I beat her but I decided as a mother I would be nice and let her have the first hug.
 But no one else!  Obviously I'm crazy but I love this chick more than words!

 Sequoia and Dil missed her too!

I maybe stayed a night- or three at my parents after her return.  Sure, I only live three miles away but we had lots of catching up to do!  The first night we literally stayed up all night long.  Since then we have goofed off endlessly.  Emily isn't nearly as 'weird' as I anticipated and we are right back to our old shenanigans; sleepovers, inside jokes, trashy TV, junk food, all the good stuff!


 Love her so much and thrilled to have her back!!!

No comments: