.

.

11.04.2012

Lucky 7

On October 13, 2012, Dillon and I celebrated our seventh anniversary!  What better way to celebrate the Lucky Seven than to head to Vegas?  We actually left Thursday night and drove to St. George.  Months ago I told Dillon I wanted to run the Tough Mudder on our anniversary together.  He just laughed and said no way (Its a half marathon of mostly obstacles.  Obstacles that are too hard to do without a teammate.)  I looked and looked for someone to do it with me, but had no luck.  Dillon told me if I could find a shorter, easier one, he would do it with me (Dillon HATES running)  So I found the Dixie Mud Run in St. George that was only a 5K and just happened to be on our anniversary as well.  We got into town late Thursday, grabbed some dinner and headed to bed.  The next day we were up and to our race bight and early.

For days Dil and I had been smack talking back and forth about who would beat who.  As we were on the starting line Dillon turned to me and said, "Lets be nice and stay together."  Awe, cute!  So we did, there was also a prize for fastest male and female in each heat and we were in the lead for awhile.  The obstacles weren't too difficult.  Tires, climb a wall, under wire, that sort of thing.  Then there were monkey bars... who knew those were so hard?!  Plus mud everywhere didn't help.  Anyway after that was a big hill and I could tell Dillon's knee was bothering him.  He slowed down but told me to keep going and win first female.  I felt bad, but not bad enough to slow down, HA!  The second half was fun, it had a giant muddy slip and slide and a rope wall. 
 (What a great guy to participate in all my crazy ideas with me)

Mud was super fun, getting in our brand new car after, not so much.  Good thing I brought a box of trash bags!

  Dillon's knee was pretty sore for a few days.  I felt bad, but I ended up winning first female in our heat and third overall for the heat.  Unfortunately we had misheard the prize was for fastest overall female and you had to wait until like 1:30 in the afternoon to find out if you beat all the other heats.  I didn't care enough to hang out, I wanted to get to Vegas!

We got there in the early afternoon and headed straight to the pool.  I loved that it was still warm enough to lay out but not blazing hot.  We just hung out and enjoyed each others company.  


After awhile we got cleaned up and Dillon went downstairs to gamble.  I walked across the street to the Fashion Show Mall and had a heyday!  We stayed at Treasure Island on the very top floor, with the best view of the strip.  It was fun and nice that we didn't really have to walk anywhere. 

A couple hours later we met up and hit up the buffet and Mystere.  It did not disappoint.  We loved it!

Uh, I can't believe its been seven years!  While we were driving home we were talking about how all our memories are with each other and how we love it.  I love you Dillon Story and here's to many more anniversaries!  

PS:  Thanks mom and dad for watching our wee one.  We love her but a whole weekend without her was kinda fabulous! 


1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

Congrats on seven years together! So fun that you got Dillon to do the mud run with you even though I think he told you that you guys should run together because he was scared to lose to you!!