We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! It was eventful to say the least. Here is the rundown.
Things started bright and early when my friend Lindsey and I ran the Turkey Trot. It was a 4 mile race and we did it in about 30 minutes so we felt pretty good about things but are already hoping for a better time next year.
When we registered we saw that there were kids races that day too. We both registered our little girls and they hung out with Dillon while we ran. Since the race was right by our house Dillon walked the girls over after we were done so they could get ready for their races. I was worried about Quoia, it was cold and early and she doesn't like to do anything on demand. This was
Before:
During:
And After:
She actually did a lot better than we anticipated. As soon as all the kids started running she ran her little heart out. It was out 100 meters out and then back. She did like her mom and went out a little fast and was tired and ready to be done on the way back. Overall I think it was a good experience and Dillon and I were so proud of her!
We quickly went home, got ready, made potatoes from scratch (first time in our married life) and headed to the Story's for round 1. We just love this crew!
The Story cousins. Love that there are three of them now!
Then we headed to my parents for round 2 with my mom and dad and Zac and Kelsey. It sure was quiet over there this year!
After dinner we checked out all the ads and my mom and I didn't have anything we were dying to get, a first! Dillon and I headed home and when we got home I called my mom and said it wouldn't be Thanksgiving if we didn't go out on Black Friday. She ran right over to pick me up and we went to Target. We waited about an hour in line, grabbed some DVD's and other random stuff and were home within 45 minutes. We're silly like that. But it was great!
The next morning I hit up the mall and the running store before going off to work. While I was at work Dillon called to report Sequoia had just informed him she "ate her money" and "don't tell mom." Awesome. I rushed home and called our pediatrician on the way. They laughed and said not to bring her in, that she'd be fine in 7-10 days. Turns out while Dillon was putting up the Christmas lights Quoia was curious what a penny tasted like. YIKES! We were lucky to say the least!
Saturday, My mom, Quoia and I headed up to Northern Utah to visit Grandma Ford. We did some more shopping on our way up. This is how Quoia felt about that:
We love visiting Grandma F. We shopped some more, ate and crafted. My Aunt Val was impressed with Quoia's crafting skills and said the curse of my mom's and my 'uncraftiness' may end with her.
We didn't do too bad though, right?
So about five minutes after the previous picture was taken Sequoia was crafting away with some scissors. She was doing a great job but I told her it was time to put them away and she freaked out and tried to cut my finger off! I had Grandma F grab me a couple of band-aids and thought I was being a wuss about how bad it hurt. The next day I took the band-aids off to shower and the dang thing was still GUSHING blood! I showed my mom and both she and Dillon thought I should go to the Instacare. So off I went and the doctor there said it probably needed stitches but apparently they cant do them after so many hours. So the cleaned it, glued it, and bandaged it and told me to keep it dry for a few days...
It's silly how a little finger slice can make you realize how lucky you are to have things like fingers, seriously. I truly have so much to be grateful for. My husband, my baby, my family, my health and my job seem to top the list for me right now, but I feel like I could go on and on. I love Thanksgiving and this time of year to reflect on gratitude, buuut here's hoping Christmas is maybe a little less crazy!












No comments:
Post a Comment