.

.

11.11.2012

Halloween 2012

We have had such a busy fall and Halloween time was no different.  We kicked off our Halloween festivities at Sequoia's school's Halloween Haunt.  It was a Halloween carnival but all of the proceeds went to charity.  The school did an excellent job and we'd love it if they did it again.


 They had a silent auction, dinner, a cake walk, a movie, a bake sale and all kinds of Halloween games.  Sequoia loved the games and seeing her little friends all dressed up and Dillon loved the massage and garden hose he won when he bid at the silent auction.  I loved spending time with my little family. 

The next morning I was up bright and early to run the Halloween Half.  Last year when I ran it I broke all the rules and had Dillon drive me to the top.  I did this again this year and did not regret it for a second!  The buses went up hours before the start time and the temperature at the top was a frigid 28 degrees!  I love this race and seeing all the crazy costumes.  My best running buddy Lindsey ran it with me and we had a great time.  Also, we did awesome!
 Yes, I stole professional pictures off of Zazoosh's website, no I don't feel bad about it.  Lindsey and I trained hard for this race but I enjoyed every second of it.  We've had such a beautiful fall and I looked forward to our long runs up and down the canyon.  Lindsey has been my best friend and running partner since high school.

 I mentioned we did awesome.  And I hate to brag but this was by far my best race yet 1:32:38 and first in my age group (the race had about 2,000 participants) yeah baby!

Anyway, back to Halloween stuff.  Sequoia's dance teacher let them wear the costumes the week of Halloween.  She had a cauldron with dry ice that they danced around and Sequoia thought it was the neatest thing ever!

  Sequoia's school also let them wear their costumes and since Sequoia technically goes to two sessions or classes and I didn't want her to wear the same thing two days in a row, she wore this on one of the days.  She was just too cute (and in a good mood) so we did an impromptu photo shoot after school.    



Dillon and I both worked on Halloween.  As soon as we got off we threw on our costumes (I was a little sad I didn't get to wear mine to work) and went to pick up Quoia at Nana's house.  We visited with Nana, had dinner at my parents, and did a little trick or treating in our neighborhood. 

 A birdwatcher, a peacock, and the cutest owl you've ever seen!
Sequoia loved trick or treating and giving candy to trick or treaters.  All in all we had a fantastic holiday with our sweet girl!

2 comments:

Nichole Brown said...

ok first of all you KILLED it on that half! Way to go! And second, your family's Halloween costumes are adorable! I haven't seen you in forever. I miss you. Maybe once the weather warms up we could go for a run to catch up that is after I can catch up to your super speedy pace :)

The Hull Family said...

Oh my goodness Kim, you ROCK!! I can't believe how fast you ran, that is awesome!! You are WAY faster than I am!! I need to start doing more races so I can get fast like you!! You amaze me with all the races you do!!

LOVE the halloween costumes! Sequoia is the cutest owl I've ever seen!