Oh my little toadsey... where do I start? I guess I'm one of those parents who could just talk about my kid forever but here are a few things I don't want to forget about Ms. Q at age three:
She weighs 24.4 lbs. Yes, she is very 'petite' as the doctor called it. She's pretty true to size in shirts and dresses but is wearing about an 18 month size in pants. Nothing stays on the bottom half! She's also wearing about a size 7 shoe, which I have no idea if that's average or not but it seems like her feet grow faster than anything.
Regardless of her size she is an excellent eater and will eat about anything we put in front of her, including sushi, seafood, etc. Her main problem is she doesn't eat very much of anything, but is open to everything if that makes sense.
Regardless of her size she is an excellent eater and will eat about anything we put in front of her, including sushi, seafood, etc. Her main problem is she doesn't eat very much of anything, but is open to everything if that makes sense.
Overall, she has the sweetest temperament/personality. She constantly
says sweet things like, "You're the best mom!" or "I just love my
dad." But, she also has a sassy streak. Just the other day she told me
to "chill, mom!" It's cute and funny now but I'm slightly terrified
for the teenage years. Ha, my dad gets quite the kick out of this and
tells me she is just like me, yikes!
She loves all animals especially Rippie and Ashy and Roxy and Duke. She also loves stuffed animals but is still very attached to her 'baby' or 'lamby'. She takes lamby and her blanky too many places but we are working on detachment from them.
She is still not potty trained, not for lack of ability but I honestly believe she is just stubborn and is only not doing it because she knows how much we want her to do it. So I've backed off and she can do it when she's ready- I guess.
Along those lines she is VERY independent! Everything these days is, "I'll do it myself!" and most things she's pretty good at actually doing herself.
With the exception of the dance recital and preschool graduation I think we've pretty well overcome the terrible-two-tantrum phase. Most of the time Sequoia is pretty good to follow up to three part instructions and does what she is told. If she's not allowed to do something all we have to do is explain why and she is content. She asks "why" about EVERYTHING.
She does extremely well at entertaining herself. Literally she can play in her room or in the backyard for about two hours with out me hearing a peep from her. I think a lot of this has to do with her wild imagination. I was slightly concerned that even in group settings she was happy playing alone but overall she's pretty sociable and the doctor said not to worry, but to be grateful.
She loves the park or anywhere with a playground. I can't believe how much braver she is than last summer. She is still very cautious (always has been) but will go up and down the slide on her own. She's also become quite the little fish this season already. She's a lot more confident in the water than last year and is a pretty good little swimmer.
She is the best little helper I could ask for. Seriously the kid loves to clean! Her favorite chores include helping me with the bathrooms and helping grandpa water his garden. She even has her own watering can.
She watches Dora the Explorer and Micky Mouse Club House everyday. Her favorite songs right now are 'Domino' by Jessie J and 'Love Song' by Selena Gomez... maybe I'm a bad mom but I love rocking out with her. She also loves to sing songs she learned in preschool.
She loves to play dress up and with her baby doll. She also insists on dressing herself most days and has about three wardrobe changes on any given day. I love it.
When she gets tired she gets what we call the silly gooseys. She starts babbling and laughing hysterically, its really cute/funny. She is still an excellent sleeper and still naps about three hours on any given day.
Oh Sequoia, you are so loved. You are just the sweetest little girl we could ask for. You're my best little buddy and I love being your mama!



1 comment:
My kids are OBSESSED with "Love Song!" Audrey requests to hear the "Beep Beep" song all the time, so funny! I love that Audrey and Sequoia have several of the same outfits...their moms have good taste!!
Sequoia is so sweet, I love all the darling pictures of her. And her birthday party looks like it was a lot of fun!! You did such a good job with the Pinkalicious theme.
I have to bug you about Ragnar since I never got an e-mail back from you!! I think Sami is going to do it with us. My mom and I were talking about getting a team together for the Utah Ragnar...what do you think?
Post a Comment