.

.

6.14.2012

Other May Events

So Sequoia graduated from preschool, kinda... I say kinda because 1) she will go for two more years and 2) I didn't actually send her to school the day of graduation.  Apparently she had a complete melt-down/tantrum (just like the dance recital and only a few days after) at the graduation practice so I figured after the dance recital blowout it wasn't worth inviting family and putting the pressure on her just to have her not want to participate.  I'm slowly learning there will be time for things like this and I don't have to 'make' her do it all right now.  She happily sang all the songs she had been practicing for the graduation to me, Dillon and some of our family members at various times so whatever.  She sure looked cute in her cap and gown though ;)


Sequoia has just LOVED school and her little friends there.  In her class picture she's standing next to her pal Millie who was about her same size and her best friend at school.  Apparently these two were quite the sassy duo!  I'm amazed how well Sequoia did for only being two.  Her teachers all said she was a great student.  At parent teacher conferences she had passed off all the tasks for her age group with flying colors.  I would receive notes from her music, science and cooking teachers regularly saying how great she did that particular day.  Dillon and I are so proud of her and we're all looking forward to next year already!   

Also, in May I participated in the Law Enforcement Torch Run to kick off the Special Olympics.  My agency was responsible for a leg from Springville to Provo and we didn't have a lot of agents able to participate this year so I'm SO glad my good friend Lindsey was able to come run with me (that torch gets heavy and I get sick of being the only girl!)  Lindsey and I have been running since we were literally kids and I always look forward to our runs together.  
 

No comments: