Just days after Sequoia's third birthday we had to say goodbye to my favorite sister.
I kinda already blogged about my sadness in her leaving. And if you follow her mission blog all the details of that morning are there. I had wanted to be in Alabama for Sequoia's birthday but there was no way I was going to give up my last few days with Em and luckily I have a very understanding husband who agreed it would be best for us to fly out after Emily left. I literally drove Quoia and myself to the MTC where we said our goodbyes and then drove straight to the airport to see Dillon. I tend to get a little anxiety traveling with Q as it is and the fact that I was so emotionally distraught this particularly day definitely didn't help. But I somehow drove myself to the airport, parked the car and managed to get myself, two bags, a car seat and a three-year-old from the parking lot to the shuttle, to the gate, through a second airport, and across the country in one of the worst rainstorms the south has seen in years. It was a miracle and I was more ready to see Dillon than I usually am.
He was so excited to see us Quoia and couldn't wait to celebrate her birthday with her. We had planned to drive to the southern most part of the state and spend a few days at the beach but it literally rained everyday we were there except the day we flew out. Normally I would have been pretty bummed but Dillon didn't have to work as much since it was raining and so we ended up seeing more of him and relaxing more than I'm used to. He even scheduled a couples massage for the morning after I got there because he knew what a rough day I had when I left. He spoiled me and had a great time spoiling Sequoia for her birthday.
We started with a trip to Chuck E Cheese. Sequoia has been asking to go there for awhile but I feel like Dillon is the one who usually takes her there and its not fair that I take that away from him or something so it worked out that it was a good indoor activity with all the rain.
After awhile I couldn't find Dillon, then I found him totally into this game. I laughed so hard at how mad he got at that thing.
...loves Chuck E Cheese and cashing in her tickets for lip gloss...
Then we went to dinner. Sequoia was cracking us up, while we were waiting for our food she was looking through the menu like a book and saw a picture of a strawberry daiquiri. She immediately insisted that was all she wanted. We kind of laughed and told her if she ate all her dinner she could have it. Well turns out the kid REALLY wanted a daiquiri. She ate ALL her dinner and most of Dillon's crab! If you know how she eats you know this was huge... and what kid eats crab legs?! We felt so bad not holding up our end of the deal, we ordered our three-year-old a virgin (of course) strawberry daiquiri. She was completely thrilled (I think because it was pink) she drank the entire thing and didn't share.
Another one of the nights we went to dinner at Steak N Shake. Its a southern diner type place and so, so good! We kinda made it a tradition every time we went out. Last time Dillon tried to win Quoia a stuffed toy in this dumb machine but had no luck (after more tries than ether of us would like to admit) but this time he was determined (or has been practicing) and won her a 4th of July dog on his second try! Q loved it!
We walked over to the movie theater and saw Madagascar 3. We all loved it and Quoia was a happy girl! She's the perfect age that she likes movies but is still free... that will really suck when have to pay for her to get in...
I usually fly out first thing in the morning to get home and get some work done but this trip we took an extra couple of days and flew out at night. We're glad we did because the sun FINALLY came out and we got to swim our last day. I bought these new floaties for Quoia this year and they have been the best thing ever. She loves to swim! Especially with daddy!
Sadly we couldn't stay. We had to say goodbye, hopefully for the last time, and go home to an empty house. I really thought I would struggle going home and not having my best friend Em or my husband but it hasn't been as bad as I anticipated. Mainly because I've tried to keep busy, which has been pretty easy to do.
Sequoia is in dance and tumbling and has also been able to go to two summer camps at her preschool with one more in July. Each week has a different theme and they have been so darling. The first one was Pooh Corner and the second was Dr. Seuss. Here she is with the Lorax trees she made.
Sequoia also had her three year doctor and dentist appointments. She did so great at both and is healthy with no cavities!!!
When we're not at school, work, appointments or the gym we try to have a little fun. Q and I got passes to 7 Peaks again and Scera Pool. I'm amazed at how much more confident Quoia is in the water than just a year ago and we both LOVE the sun! I just wish we got to enjoy it more.
As for me, most my days are filled with work and convicted felons. I'm still running a little and recently started going back to the gym which I have a love/hate relationship with but need to do. I live for time with my little one and my family and I'm counting down the days until I get to live with my husband again. In the meantime I have some great girlfriends who I really enjoy working out with, soaking up the sun, and having crazy girls nights with.
No comments:
Post a Comment