.

.

5.24.2016

Family Vacation Part 1::Disneyland

We have literally been trying to take a family vacation since last fall.  But between me getting a new job, Dillon going back to school/changing jobs, it unfortunately hadn't happened.  At the end of April I sat down with my boss and asked when I could have a few days off.  We looked at the calendar and the only real option over the next several months was about 10 days out.  I called Dillon and said "want to go to Disneyland next week?"  We had talked about how great our kids have been through all the transitioning at our house and how we haven't had a lot of time with them.  So, Dillon was totally in!  We were so excited to do something for the girls!  They earned it!

We didn't tell them until the morning we were leaving.  Sequoia was hesitant about missing school but I assured her it was okay.  After that they were nothing but smiles and giggles the whole way there.  Honestly not one meltdown!  We drove to Las Vegas where we stayed the night with my cousin Amberley, and then drove on to Disneyland!
 
Okay, I know I have so many pictures, but something my new job has taught me is to cherish every second with my family.  On this trip I did just that.  I feel like I really took in their little faces and smiles and experienced Disneyland through my girls.  It was amazing.



Winter was just a baby last time we were here, so this time was really exciting for her.  She thought she was so big going on all the rides with her sister.  She would stand in line and make this face like she was too cool for school.  It was hilarious!
Winnie the Pooh was her favorite ride in the park (although, tea cups were a very close second.)  We went on the Pooh Bear ride several times, sometimes not even getting off in between!


Quoia is a Disney pro and tall enough for every ride.  I realized this trip how fast she is growing up on me!  In the afternoon dad walked back to the hotel with Winter and they had good nap.  I loved having one on one time with my Toadsey!  We went on all the 'big kid rides' that Winter couldn't go on.  Sequoia's favorite ride in the park was Big Thunder Mountain and I didn't mind one bit!  I love that one!


  Something I want to remember about Sequoia this trip was how she literally danced from ride to ride and while we waited in line.  She would be on her tip toes doing some graceful ballet move constantly.  We kept telling her not to because we were afraid she would wear herself out, but eventually we just embraced our dancer.

Once Dad and Win were back we spent some more time as a family.



Then, dad got a turn to take Quoia on the big kid rides while I got some one on one time with my baby.

Usually I'm not too sad about missing the parades at Disneyland, but we had done every ride we wanted to at least once and it had been a long day for all of us, so we decided to relax and watch the parade for a change.  We found a great spot where we enjoyed our Dole Whips while watching the Paint the Night Parade.  I must admit, it was a great show! And a great way to end a great day.

No comments: