.

.

1.10.2016

Training

I feel like so much of September was spent training for the St. George Marathon.  Well the whole summer actually, but things got serious in September.  I'm so lucky one of my best friends and I were running it together.

  We did all of our training together and I don't know if I would've done it otherwise.  I really looked forward to our long runs together, catching up, chatting, and pushing each other.  Our favorite run was of course Provo Canyon,  Late summer/early fall is the absolute best time up there.

  We ran our 20 miler twice.  We started 4 miles past Vivianne Park ran all the way to the BYU stadium and back to our moms houses in Orem. 

 We learned all the gas stations who would give us water and all the ones who charge .50. 

 We talked about everything under the sun and sometimes I actually miss training even though it was really time consuming.  I really do miss the feeling of being sore and knowing I'm pushing my body.  So random, but my wooden rolling pin was my favorite thing for sore muscles!  And my ice pack.  This was a nightly occurrence for me during training. 

Not sure if I'll ever do a training cycle again, but I'm grateful for this one and this girl for sure!  More on the marathon later.    

No comments: