.

.

1.10.2016

Lake Powell

The last weekend in September, some friends invited us to Lake Powell.  I can honestly say it was one of the best trips Dillon and I have ever been on!  We had so much fun!  The weather was perfect, the water was perfect, and we had a pretty rad crew too!




We had two house boats and I kinda died a little when they asked Dillon to captain one of them.  I dunno why, he did a great job and we found a killer spot!  He was very responsible all week monitoring the generator and fuel for our boat.



I think Dillon and I had the best spot in the house, literally.  We put our giant blow up bed on the top deck and just laid there every night watching the stars.  In the morning we'd wake up to Mitch or Nate whispering, "get up, we're goin!"  We would be out on the boat from then until whenever we were tired.  It was so awesome!



When we weren't wake boarding or surfing, the 'BLOB' was definitely the highlight!  One person would climb out to the end of the blob and then we would get the heaviest two guys there to jump at the same time off the top of the house boat, onto the blob, literally launching the person at the end way out into the water!  It was hilarious to watch!  I hated being a little bit of a party pooper this trip but we were going from Monday to Friday and then I was running the St. George Marathon Saturday so I was trying to be smart and careful.  
   
Our last night there we all went cliff jumping.  Everyone went at the same time and I was the only one who didn't jump (again, being careful.)  It was really cool to watch.  On the way back we had too many people for the boat so they asked for volunteers to ride the tube back.  Me and three others rode the tube and OH.MY.GOSH!  I thought for sure that was what was going to put me out of commission for the marathon!  Mitch said he would be good but once his wife got on with us it was over.  He went crazy!  When we got back to camp all four of us were laughing so hard.  It was probably the dumbest thing I did all week but was also probably my favorite part!

This was most definitely a trip I will never forget!  




Also, our kids had the time of their lives!  Emily and Nate volunteered to take them!  We drove them to Las Vegas and they spent the week making dresses out of paper, watching Zac Effron, and lounging by the pool!



Somehow Aunt Em talked them into giving her a massage, poolside.  Hopefully Nate and Em still want children after having ours for a week their first month of marriage...


No comments: