Since I decided to take 12 glorious weeks maternity leave Dillon and I decided it would be fun for me and the girls to travel with him for work while I was off. Last week we packed up the kids and headed to Vegas where we lived in a casino for a week. It was a little different than how we usually do Vegas but I'm glad we got to spend some time as a family and Dillon got to work.
Both girls did awesome traveling. I was a little worried since Winter has not been a fan of her car seat in the past but she did great! We didn't hear a peep from either of them until we stopped until Mesquite. Winter ate and Q used the potty then didn't hear another word until we arrived in Vegas.
Most mornings we slept in walked downstairs and had breakfast/lunch and kissed daddy bye. Then me and the girls entertained ourselves until he got back. We went for a couple walks (not too far, Vegas is scary... and smokey/smelly!) We had a couple nice days where we sat by the pool and played in the hot tub. It was nice and we usually had the place to ourselves!
I love that both my girls love the sunshine!
Winnie turned 6 weeks old on this little adventure of ours and is still a pure delight!
She is getting a little chunk to her and I just love it! I squish those thunder thighs and cheeks all day long!
She still has a curly fro ball. People literally stop us all the time and ask to touch her hair. It's unreal!
Winter loves loves loves to snuggle. Luckily we did lots of this on the trip.
Sequoia was in awe and all the tall buildings and lights from the first day we hit Vegas. She would stare out the window at the strip and ask all sorts of questions about it and the 'chuck e cheese' downstairs (aka the casino.) We got quite the kick out of her and we kept telling her we would go on a roller coaster.
One of the nights Dillon got home a little early and we set out for the strip. Let me tell you Dillon and I have come a long way from being 18 and cruising the strip until all hours of the night and running a muck to pushing a stroller with two kids down it. We kept laughing at ourselves and how old we felt!
I semi felt like a bad mom exposing my kids to Vegas and all the second hand smoke and everything else but Sequoia loved it. We decided to take her to Circus Circus and wouldn't you know it closed at 6PM! I thought everything in Vegas was open 24 hours??
She was so sad! I felt horrible!
We had also been telling her about the waterfalls at the Bellagio so after the Circus Circus bust we headed that way and Q cheered right up!
The next day was pretty rainy. Dillon had an appointment from earlier in the week and then he came home early to take Sequoia back to Circus Circus. From what I hear they had a blast!
Our plan was to stay in Vegas Monday to Saturday and then go to St. George for a night. But the last couple days it rained and rained. The power even went off a couple times in the hotel so we decided to pack up and stay in St. George two nights instead.
Saturday was my grandma, who lives in St. George, 80th birthday. A bunch of my family had planned a surprise party for her and I'm so glad it worked out that we were able to be there!
She was totally surprised and cried and said all her dreams had come true and that in 80 years this was the first time someone had surprised her. She is so sweet!
Sunday we packed up and headed home. We drove straight through and the girls again did wonderful. Can't wait for the next adventure!


















No comments:
Post a Comment