October is a busy month for us!
My love and I celebrated eight great years together on the 13th. Since it was just three days after coming home from the hospital we kept things pretty low key this year. Love him more than I ever have though!
On the 19th my handsome husband turned 31. We actually ventured out as a family of four and went to dinner at Tempanyaki- one of our faves! Dillon's brothers and their better halves also joined us, it was a fun night!
The weekend I got home from the hospital my parents were going camping/hunting in Northern Utah and offered to take Sequoia so Dillon and I could get some rest with just the baby. Sequoia was thrilled to go! They went to a hot spring that had several warm mineral pools and a water slide. Needless to say my dad didn't get as much hunting in as he planned and Sequoia did not want to come home!
Seriously though, this place looks awesome, all naturally heated! I want to go!
Anyway, the week before Halloween we took the girls to the local pumpkin patch.
It was so fun, we had a great time!
Would you believe Dillon and I have never carved pumpkins?? Seriously, I didn't even do it as a kid. Dillon vowed this year was the year. I still thought painting them was a better idea, but luckily the weather has been so nice he said we could do it outside (I hate messes.) The minute we got home he went to work on them and, bless his heart, carved them all.
He did a fantastic job!
Unfortunately we jumped the gun a little. They were moldy and wilting by Halloween. I think we only lit them this one night. Better luck next year ;)
Sequoia's School had their annual Halloween Haunt. They always do such a great job with this. We left the baby for a couple hours and just took Q. It was a fun little date for the three of us.
I guess this maternity leave thing has given me a little cabin fever. The Saturday before Halloween I talked Dillon into braving Boo at the Zoo. We had been talking about going to the zoo and I figured why not go the one day of the year the kids can dress up and trick or treat there? Not my best idea- it was SO DANG CROWDED! Holy smokes, Dillon literally almost turned around and went home when we saw the parking lot! But he was a good sport and we went. I think we were all glad we did, it was fun, but we probably wont be doing it again.
My mom went with us and we met my aunt, uncle, two cousins and their kids. Unfortunately the one group picture we took did not turn out. I'm learning the more kids you try to photograph the harder it is.
Exhibit A:
I attempted one picture with my two kids and I didn't even get the stupid, infamous Hogal Zoo lion in it. Mom fail.
But they sure are cute! Happy Fall!














No comments:
Post a Comment