I swear I just did my mid summer update post and here it is the end of summer already! I really can't believe it! Was it me or did summer just fly by?? I HATE to see summer go, like I said I love everything about it, but I feel like so many good things our coming our way this fall I can't help but be excited. Anyway, here are some more random adventures Quoia and I had in between work and travel.
We spent lots of time at the Scera Pool. I'm very happy with my decision to get a pass there verses 7Peaks this season. It was perfect for us and Quoia and I made lots of memories there together this year. I don't know if its the age Sequoia's at or the fact that it hit me that this will be my last summer giving her my 100% attention, but the last time we went to the pool I couldn't get enough of her. We went down the slide, practiced swimming, and laughed and giggled for hours!
Sequoia also loved playing in our yard, running through the sprinkler or playing in her kiddie pool this summer. She's easily entertained!
We hit the Riverwoods Splash Pad a few times too. I think most days our favorite part of swimming or the splash pad was getting an ice cream or a snow cone!
Sequoia took swimming lessons for her first time. She did awesome! We were able to do semi-private lessons at Dillon's mom's house with the BEST swim coach around! I can't believe how confident Sequoia has become and what a good little swimmer she's getting to be!
We made the best of less sunny days too. I love a little rain and Quoia didn't mind putting on a movie and letting me snuggle her.
We spent quite a bit of time in the great outdoors.
My parents are always so good to me when Dillon's away. They took Q and me on all kinds of camping and fishing trips!
I've mentioned before what an awesome babysitter we have. Sequoia continued to go on several fun field trips with her throughout the summer.
Sequoia finished up Gymnastics with a little 'meet' last week. I think she enjoyed gymnastics for the summer but I'm not sad it's over...
In June Sequoia auditioned for a competitive dance team (don't judge me-lots more on this later.) When she auditioned I didn't realize rehearsals would be starting a couple weeks later. So gymnastics, dance and swim lessons overlapped for a few weeks and it was a little much for both of us. Several of Sequoia's little friends are on her team which she's thrilled about and we're excited to just focus on dance for awhile!
As if this kid didn't have enough going on, she took up archery.
Totally kidding. She had a sleepover with grandma and grandpa a couple weeks ago and they took her out for a night on the town and ended up getting her this bow. She's so adorable with it and is really good at it despite it being kinda tricky for a four-year-old!
I HATE when people talk about how busy they are, for various reasons, but I feel pretty good about saying Sequoia and I had a busy summer. We spent nearly 40 total days in Boston, visited Moab, Zions, and The Uintahs, went to two family reunions, danced, tumbled, swam, laughed, cried and bonded. Oh and I'm pregnant and work full time... We really missed Dillon and I can't wait for him to get home and to add another little lady to our family, but I'm grateful for the quality time and memories I was able to make with this sweet girl the past few months. She really is my best pal!
Bring on fall!
















No comments:
Post a Comment