.

.

8.18.2013

Boston- 3rd and Final Round

Welp, we're back from another awesome trip back East.  We had a great time, but I'm happy this was our last cross country adventure for a bit- one more month til we can live together again!  
 
Dillon worked hard while we were out there.  Sequoia and I were anxious for him to get home each night. We so enjoyed our dinners and (late) evenings together! 

Boston has seen a lot of rain this year.  There were several days we woke up to this:
On those days we tried to do fun, indoor things.
 Who doesn't love dinner and a movie?  We saw Turbo and Despicable Me 2 while we were out there.  Loved them both and we're going to miss the awesome movie theater by dad's house that had recliners for seats!

We did get several nice/sunny days and we took full advantage!
 Sequoia has been practicing swimming without any floaties.  She was so excited to show her dad and he was so proud of her!

We love the people in Dillon's office.  One Sunday they had a BBQ/volleyball tournament/swim party.  Sequoia loved playing corn hole with her friends.  We also went to the park with the other wives/kids almost everyday when the dads were at work. 

Another Sunday we went downtown and checked out The Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall and some of the Freedom Trail.





The street shows and market were cool but I think my favorite part of the day was dinner at The Barking Crab.  YUM!
 
One of the days Sequoia and I decided to take the train into the city and get one more use out of our museum pass and do some shopping.  I love spending time with my girl!

My friend Chastity and her two girls joined us as well.  We got suckered into buying all these dang hats!  But they're cute, right?

Dillon did some research and found out York Beach was a must see while in the Boston Area.  So one day we packed up and took a day trip to Main.  It was so. much. fun!  I loved road tripping with my two favorites and the beach did not disappoint!

There was a small amusement park/petting zoo in York Beach so we checked that out first.






This place also had paddle boats and pony rides!

After a couple hours at York Beach Animal Kingdom, we grabbed some food and headed to the beach!


Main was really pretty and usually East Coast beaches aren't that exciting, but we had an absolute ball playing with Little Q in the waves!

Definitely a day well spent and probably my favorite part of the trip!

But, I guess all good things must come to an end.  Before we knew it our 14 days were up and it was time to head back to Utah.  

 On one of our last nights Dillon got a babysitter and took me to dinner to celebrate a belated birthday.  It had been a long time since we'd gone out just the two of us and I loved every single second of it.  I love and miss him so much.  

Leaving was so hard.  I may have cried- but we're that much closer to having Mr. Story home and lots of other exciting things! 








No comments: