.

.

8.05.2012

4th of July Camping

Every year for the fourth of July my parents go camping with our family friends, the Wrights.  Due to the holiday being on a  Wednesday this year, I only had one day off but my parents went up for the whole week!  Sequoia was one lucky girl and got to go the whole week with grandma and grandpa!  She was in seventh heaven!!!

Of course she had the best time and was spoiled rotten with love and tons of attention.  There were lots of kids for her to play with but she still loved playing with grandpa and grandma more than anyone. 


I don't think Quoia really missed me much, but we were happy to see each other!
 
I went up Tuesday after work and stayed the night over to the fourth.  I had to drive home Wednesday night and work Thursday.  But, my friend Stacy had about the same work schedule as me and joined us camping.  I'm so glad she did!  Her husband is out selling too so we've made the best of them being gone and have become great friends!
When we pulled in Wednesday night it was just after dusk so all the fireworks were starting.  Stacy and I climbed up on my roof and watched them for a bit we laughed and talked for hours up there.  

We had had so much fun up camping we decided to ditch work Friday and drove back up. 
When we had driven up earlier in the week I had pulled the quad trailer (yes, just me and Stacy pulled the trailer--SCARY) but I'm glad we did.  We went on some fun rides and had great, cool weather.  I was worried it would rain on one particular ride, hence why I sporting a gigantic poncho.  Overall I'd say one of my favorite holidays was well celebrated this year.  Good fun and good people, can't beat that! 
 

No comments: