.

.

8.26.2012

Preschool and Potty


 Is it that time of year again already?  I can't believe how fast summer seemed to fly by but Sequoia has been anxiously awaiting returning to preschool and we have welcomed a little more of a routine.


Since Sequoia did so well last year going three days a week, and since we were so impressed by Kid's Village, we decided to send her five days a week this year.  So far, we've been happy with our decision and so has Q.


Sequoia has a lot of her same teachers as last year for science, art, music and cooking but her core teacher this year is Ms. Corby and we think she's awesome! 

So, over a year ago we began introducing Sequoia to the world of potty training.  She's so smart it just seemed right.  We tried all the usual tricks and tactics but at the end of the day she just wasn't interested.  It was frustrating and I kept making excuses but I couldn't believe when she turned three we still hadn't had success.  I vowed to put more of an effort in but it was hard being a 'single parent' traveling and not being able to stay consistent.  One day Sequoia told me she would do it for her dad when he got home because she liked him more.  I had showed her everything she needed to know but she just didn't care so I decided I didn't either.  
Fast forward to the Thursday before school started (ironically since sending an un-potty trained kid to preschool is not easy), Sequoia came into our room at an exceptionally early hour and informed us she was ready to use the big girl potty.  I sprung out of bed but she quickly told me to stay there that she needed her privacy, yes, she used those words!  I thought, great, here we go again.  But about two minutes later she returned and told us she had done it and to come look.  Sure enough, she had and I'm proud to say that was nearly two weeks ago and we haven't had a single accident.  I guess I should've know she's the boss and not to rush her!


Now our biggest problem is keeping ANY pants on that tiny, diaperless bum!
I can't believe these pictures or just watching her some days.  She seems so grown up and is officially not a baby anymore!  She has so much spunk and personality we just eat her up!


     

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

So excited for you that she's potty-trained!! Love that she literally woke up one day and decided that she was going to be potty-trained!! I'm crossing my fingers that Audrey is that easy!