I mentioned before that Dillon and I made a whole list of things he wanted to do when he got back this summer. At the top was fishing. To be honest I think we had been maybe twice in the near ten years we've been together but I thought what the heck, sure, if you want to get into fishing lets do it! So sure enough, since he's been home he's made a trip to Cabella's and we've made three fishing trips as a family! We've had fun on all three and look forward to more!
My dad actually recently purchased a fishing boat and although he's been in Alaska for most of August we had a chance one evening to go out on his new boat with him.
We weren't gone long and didn't catch much but the highlight for sure was when we were driving back to the dock. Sequoia asked grandpa if she could drive. Dillon and I were in shock when my dad slid over to the passenger side and literally let Sequoia have full reign of his new boat. It didn't take her long to figure things out and before we knew it she had slammed the throttle down at full speed. She had a ball throwing it full speed and then pulling it up to a halt and turning the wheel, nearly capsizing the thing! My dad was just in the passenger seat laughing his head off! Oh my, what Sequoia has done to him, he's been a new person since she's been around!
Sequoia now thinks she is a professional boat driver and asks to go on grandpa's boat all the time!
A week or so after we went with my dad our friends Shawn and Candy invited us to spend a Saturday with them on their fishing pontoon at Strawberry Reservoir. They have a little boy about Sequoia's age and a little one and the kids had a ball playing in the sun all day, heck, we all did!
Sequoia fell asleep on the way up and was a little sleepy when we got there so she acted like a diva for a bit at first:
But, that didn't last long.
This was by far our most successful fishing trip yet!
I love Q's face in this one!
Dill caught a couple, I caught one and Candy and Shawn caught a couple. We released them all, hopefully none of them were the $25,000.00 one!
The day was perfect for fishing, friends, fun and sun!
We had so much luck at Strawberry Lake (as Quoia calls it) that this past Friday we decided to go back. When I got off work Dillon had the truck loaded and was ready to go camping and fishing. To be honest we haven't done much camping with Quoia without the luxury of my parents trailer (kinda crazy to think about it) and I was a little skeptical how we would do on our own, in a tent.
But it went great! I was thrilled that Quoia did so well on her own air mattress and sleeping bag and having been recently potty trained and all. Dillon had marinated steaks and we had a delicious dinner and s'mores by the fire. I'm proud of my little family.
Saturday morning we got up and walked to the water to do some fishing off the shore.
Aren't we just the cutest little anglers you've ever seen?! Ha! We didn't stay long, we hurried home and got ready for the wedding of the year, Dillon's brother Josh and our new sister Jenna. More to come on their beautiful event soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment