.

.

6.19.2009

Welcome Home X2

On Saturday, June 13th my one and only brother Zac returned from the Taiwan, Taichung mission.  Although we greatly missed Dillon, Sequoia and I were sure glad we got to be at the airport when Zac arrived.
   
Along with Sequoia and me, Zac had a whole entourage of people waiting to greet him.  Above are some of our little cousins who look up to Zac so so much, and below are a few of the people who were also at the airport.  

If I counted correctly Zac had mom, dad, two sisters, a niece, his best friend, grandpa, two grandmas, three aunts, three uncles, eight cousins, and his dog Hank waiting for him at the airport that night.

It's not a great picture but below you can see he was a little overwhelmed to see all of us when he finally came down the escalator.

I wish I had some better pictures of what went on after he got to the bottom but I ran to hug him and had the stroller to deal with, plus there were TONS of people!

I think Zac was a little wierded out by Sequoia at first, he kept saying she didn't seem real.  But he eventually came around and even wanted to hold her.  I'm so glad they got to meet each other before we left for New York.  

Guess he's not so little anymore... I'm so proud of him and so happy to have him home!

I was sad to leave after seeing Zac for just one day, but I was oh so happy to FINALLY get out to New York.  Dillon had been back to work for a week and both Sequoia and I were lost without him.  Dillon's sweet mom took the red eye with me Sunday night (bless her heart) and Sequoia took her first plane ride.  I didn't get any pictures because I was a nervous wreck thinking something would go wrong or she would scream the entire flight, but I should've known better, she was a perfect angel and didn't make a peep the whole time!  After eating she pretty much slept right through the whole thing.  

Dillon was at JFK waiting for us at 6 AM.  I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to be there.  In the five years Dillon has done this job this will just be my second time with him.  It has been so hard to spend so much time apart.  The whole time flying out I just kept thinking I couldn't believe I got to stay for the rest of the summer, it felt like the hundreds of other times I was so anxious to see Dillon but devastated I would have to leave him again in just a few short days.  It feels so good to kiss him goodbye when he leaves for work, be there with dinner ready when he gets home, cuddle with him and our baby at night, and wake up next to him every morning.  It feels like we are finally a 'normal' family and I love it!    

Sequoia and I got quite the welcome to our new home.  Dillon was as excited for us to be there as we were and he had everything ready and waiting for us.  Take a look at this adorable nursery!  Dillon bought and put the whole thing together himself in April when he moved in, I think it is so so sweet, he is such a great daddy!
(not sure why this picture uploaded with the left half on the right but you get the idea)

My sweet puppies, who I haven't seen in 9 weeks, were also waiting for us and I was worried about their reactions to their new sister.  Ripley really hasn't cared or even seemed to notice anything is different.  Ashlyn on the other hand, is on full alert at all times.  She is so curious about Sequoia and has covered her with kisses the couple of times we've let her get close enough.  Whenever Quoia cries she is the first to be next to her crib, even in the middle of the night!  I swear she thinks she's a better mother than me but I'm just glad she loves her sister so much.

This is a glimpse of how the first meeting went like:

She still gets a little too excited sometimes but we are all just happy to be together!

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

Thanks for the up-date Kim. We really missed seeing you at the reunion, but I'm so glad that you and Sequoia made it to new York and are with Dillon.
I can't believe Zac is home...that is so exciting!! He looks great. And speaking of looking great, are you sure you just had a baby?? You look fabulous!!
I can't wait to hear about all your adventures in New York! Wish we could come visit!