The day after we got back from Disneyland this handsome guy packed up his necessities and went to work for the next few months.
Its the worst part of springtime, knowing that our family will be split up for awhile. When people ask, "Is it hard to be alone with two kids and work full time?" My answer is always the same, "Yes, but I have it a lot easier than Dillon does." While this may sound crazy, the truth is I have all the love and support a girl could ask for!
For one, I have these two, who are my world!
Here are a few things we did in the weeks after Dillon left to help take our mind off of missing daddy:
We went bowling with my family. My parents and sister are my rock. They are always willing to help with my girls, have us for dinner, they take me and my kids to do fun things and are always asking what they can do for me. My sister will come over and watch trash TV or go with me to get frozen yogurt or just talk when I feel lonely because my best friend is gone. They are awesome!
Dillon's family is a big help too! They love having the girls and I visit even without Dillon, they make me feel so loved and welcome.
Dillon's mom's friends invested in the new Museum of Natural Curiosity and she took us up for a sneak peak night before it even opened. We loved spending an evening with Nana!
This place was so awesome! I would venture to say it was better than the Boston Children's Museum!
I have lots of friends and extended family who also have little ones. They are always so good to invite me and my kids places. We went to the new aquarium with my sister, my sister-in-law, and my two cousins and their kids. It was fun! All these kids! I think we should recreate the picture in ten years!
Ivy.Smith.Collin.Sequoia.Winter
I work a lot. Some days are great, and I feel like it's worth being separated for, other days, not so much. But, in the long run I know it is and I've worked too hard to stop now (12 years to retirement, people!) One of my best friends growing up just graduated from the police academy and I can't wait for her to come work with me.
I am privileged to be able to do most of my paperwork and reports from home. It gets a little tricky with two kids but is so worth it! I love my little sidekicks! They are usually so good while I work, and when I'm done, we enjoy doing fun things together!
~mani/pedi's~
We work hard and play hard and do our best to make this 'unconventional' way of living work for all of us.
Other noteworthy activities in April:
Sequoia got her first filling. I felt like a failure mom and it broke my heart to watch!
Winter learned to sit by herself, that was a better feeling!













No comments:
Post a Comment