.

.

6.05.2014

Disneyland!!!

Last post about our vacation, I promise!  After running for two days and spending a few days on the beach, we decided to finish off with a couple days at Disneyland!  Months ago my sister-in-law, Jenna called and said she and Josh and her family were going to Disneyland in April and jokingly (I think) asked if we wanted to go.  It happened to be the week we were going to be there so we decided we had to!  I'm so glad we did!




This was the best trip yet!  We had great company, perfect weather, it was Winter's first time, and Sequoia was tall enough to go on ALL the rides!  

 She was so brave!

Winter loved every second of the rides she was able to go on! 




The rest of the time she was as good as gold and we were lucky Auntie Jenna was knocked up so momma and daddy got to go on a lot of big rides with Quoia while Jenna waited with Winnie.

Both girls were angels the whole time.  I don't think we had a single meltdown or blow up either day!
 

We stayed right across the street so each day we would go early and when it got hot we'd walk back to the hotel and take a little rest until the evening and then walk back over for more fun.  The first day we were leaving the park after lunch and something MAGICAL happened.  Belle was right there at the entrance!  Sequoia ran up to say hi, she was dressed as Belle that day so she was particularly excited.  After introducing herself and talking for a minute, Belle told Sequoia she was the most beautiful girl and invited her to talk a walk with her!!! Sequoia got to escort Belle into the park all by herself.  It was so cute and literally made Sequoia's trip!  She thought she was this ish!
At the end Belle gave Sequoia a big hug and thanked her.  This chick was hands down the best character I've ever seen!

Apparently Sequoia was just royalty all day long.  I was not present for this picture, I have no idea what's going on or where either of Sequoia's parents were when this was taken but it looks like the Fairy God Mother thought Sequoia was special too!  Jenna? Deb?  Help me out with this-- WTH?

And at the end of the first day, another really neat thing happened.  A group of teenage girls ran up to Sequoia and yelled "Look!  Its the real Belle!  Can we get your autograph!?!!"  They had Sequoia write her name in their autograph book and take a picture with them.  To this day Sequoia tells people that the girls at Disneyland thought she was a real, live princess.  So cool, I want my daughters to do this when they are older!
 


On the second day we had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen with all the characters.  It was so fun for the kids and the food was great!  Jenna's nieces are really close to Sequoia in age and she had the best time with some little buddies around!
Tinkerbell got to meet Peter Pan!

Lets just take a second to talk about the food in Disneyland.  It is the best!  I dream about those stupid corn dogs, chocolate frozen bananas, and Dole Whips.  Dillon told me I could get whatever snacks I wanted throughout the day if he could get a churro at every churro cart we saw.  Ha!  We're ridiculous!
  Winnie must have a lot of me in her.  If she is full, she is happy.  End of story.   She even talked me into sharing a tiny bite of my Dole Whip with her.

Can you believe Sequoia went on the Tower of Terror?? She didn't really have a desire to do it again though haha

At the end of the second day everyone kinda went their separate ways.  Dillon took Winter back to the room for bed and Sequoia and I stayed at the park until it closed.  I had the best time with just me and my girl!  I can't believe how grown up she is.  She was so fun to chat with and was super giggly. We laughed and laughed! 

She loved going on the 'big kid' rides.  She said her favorite was Elsa's Castle (The Matterhorn) and we went on it several times in the two days.  So when we had just enough time for one more ride before closing I told her she could  on any ride but that one.  She chose Space Mountain and I was thrilled!  She looks too tiny to have gone on it!

Sequoia brought some of her very own money for a souvenir.  She was very particular and knew exactly what she wanted to spend it on:
A sucker!  She also said she wanted to get something for Winter for when she woke up.  She is so sweet and such a good big sister.  She chose a little key chain that has been Winter's favorite thing to chew on!

 

On our way out we ran into Mickey and Minnie!  What are the chances!
After getting her hugs in Sequoia hit Mickey and yelled, "Tag! You're it!"  (no idea where she came up with that idea, sugar high?)  Mickey and Minnie loved it and chased Sequoia all around until they had to go!  

I'm so grateful we were able to make such great memories as a family!  Until next time Disney!

No comments: