.

.

6.10.2013

My Tiny Dancer

On May 18, 2013, Sequoia had her second dance recital.  Opposite of last year, it was a huge success!!!  I really was so proud, my little girl has grown up a lot in the past year and has really loved dancing.  Months ago when it was time to be fitted for costumes, I told Sequoia she didn't have to do the recital if she didn't want to.  She told me she did and seemed excited so I went a head and ordered the costume.  As the weeks went on I was more and more nervous we'd have another 'dance mom fiasco' like last year.  I decided I would take Sequoia to the dress rehearsal/pictures in the morning and see how it went before ultimately making up my mind about going.  
 It went great!  So to she show we went.  I was still so nervous.  This year, it ended up that there were only three girls in Sequoia's dance number.  That's a big stage and a lot of people for three little girls up there by themselves.  And, the other two girls are four going on five, several months older than Quoia.  But when I dropped her off backstage she still seemed fine, so I hesitantly took me seat and tried to relax. 

So, Sequoia asks for gum all the time and I never let her have it.  We had made a deal that if she danced her best she could have her own gum.  Well, she must have really wanted gum because she absolutely NAILED it!!!  Her number this year was priceless!  It was so girly, as were the costumes.  It fit Quoia's personality to a T!  I was so, so proud of her and rushed backstage to grab her as soon as her number was over.  All she wanted was her gum and purse.  I threw in a new lip gloss since she did so awesome.  I haven't seen Q this excited in awhile.  
 

My parents came to cheer on Sequoia too and they were just as shocked proud as I was.

Good job, Baby Girl!!!  PS: how adorable is she in her costume??   

1 comment:

Geoff and Stacy said...

She is the cutest little thing ever!