Days after getting home from Zions, Quoia and I unpacked and repacked and headed to Boston again. I had come down with a terrible kidney infection and felt awful. I kept telling myself if I could just get my hiney on the plane and get to Boston everything would be okay. I was right. Dillon made everything all better. I missed him ;)
The day after we got in was Miss Q's fourth birthday!! I can't believe it! Four?!?! Dillon had to work that day but he still made her feel special, big time.
She woke up to her bed flooded with balloons and the whole apartment decorated in her honor.
After Dil headed to work I asked Quoia what she wanted to do. I was thrilled when she said she wanted to hit the pool. She got a new kick board for her birthday and we spent the whole day playing with it!
On Dillon's way home he called and said he'd pick up dinner, he told Sequoia we'd eat whatever she wanted. She chose pizza AND pasta. Girl loves her carbs just like her mamma! Quoia got to eat and sleep in this fort Dillon made her the rest of the trip!
The next day Dillon had planned a birthday party for Q. It was another little girl in the office's birthday recently too so we had a bbq/pool party for the two of them. It was so fun and Dillon did all the work!
Quoia and Sophie with their loot!
I think the highlight of Sequoia's birthday was swimming with her daddy. She just loves him so much and he's so much more fun than mom!
Dillon really did a great job on the party. He picked up some temporary glitter tattoos that the kids loved! The party was an overall huge success!
It was crazy, the first two days we were there the weather was hot and perfect. The rest of the time it rained and rained. But here are some highlights from the rest of our time in Bean Town:
We celebrated Father's Day a little early. I had taken Sequoia to Color Me Mine before we left and she painted this beautiful mug/soup bowl for her daddy. She told me dads favorite colors were red, blue and black, and she did all the painting herself. Dil loved it!
It was National Doughnut Day while we were there and luckily Boston takes it's doughnuts seriously. Dil is so sweet, he doesn't care for doughnuts but he knows I do! Look what he brought me!
We love just hanging out and spending time together. We decided to go to a movie on a particularly gloomy day and saw Epic. It was cute.
In addition to sleeping and eating in forts, at dad's house we skateboard inside and get to drive the car. No wonder she constantly tells me she wants to move to Boston!
One day while Dil was at work Quoia and I took the train in and visited the Children's Museum again. Quoia was worried while we were on the train that I didn't know where I was going so she checked the map out for herself.
We love the museum!!
The Sox were playing several home games while I was in town and Dillon has been anxiously waiting to go to a game when we could go together. So we did.
Fenway is an awesome place. We had such a great time!
I was a little worried how Quoia would do sitting for that long buuut....
she did great!!! I think she had a ball. She really wanted to get put on the mega tron so every time music would play she'd stand up and shake her booty off! Didn't happen, but maybe next time!
We had to leave the next day. But not until that night so we took full advantage! We went on a 'duck boat' tour of the city. Its a crazy bus that turns into a boat. So we saw all the sites of Boston by land and by sea! Well the Charleston River anyway. We saw and learned a lot!
The tour left from the Science Museum in Cambridge. It looked way cool so we went in and checked it out. A word of advice- don't go there. Its ridiculously over priced and not exciting. But we made the best of it. Any time with Dil is time well spent!
Another great trip! My heart just hurts looking at these pics! I can't wait to go back!
























No comments:
Post a Comment