.

.

6.20.2013

Memorial Day at Zions

The Clayton Reunion was held at Zion National Park this year.  We had so much fun, beautiful weather and great company!!
::hiking The Narrows at 20 weeks pregnant::
 
Our first full day some of us decided to do a hike.  We decided to 'attempt' the narrows.  It's a nice trail for a little over a mile and then you hike in water the rest of the way up and it's pretty intense.  My cousin McCall and I are due just two days apart so we decided to just hike up until we were too tired.  I'm guessing we did about five miles round trip.  We probably looked so funny hiking through this water with our bellies and bad balance but we had a great time.  Bless my dad's heart, it was so nice of him to help me along the way and take such good care of me and baby girl.  
   

My mom and Quoia hiked until the trail part ended and then played in the water until we came back.  Quoia had a blast with Grandma Sheila!

We camped right on the river and spent most of the rest of the trip just relaxing on the river bank (I think I over did it the first day) it was so nice to just chill and people watch all the river rafters.  PS: How cute are my grandparents behind me??  I love my awesome family! 

I tricked Quoia into thinking she was rafting like the people we saw. We tied this rope to her tube and away she went (kinda) this entertained her for quite awhile. 
 If you think that's bad parenting don't read the next part.  Eventually Quoia caught on that she wasn't going down 'the waterfalls' like everyone else.  So we threw her, my little cousins Kennedy and Colin in a tube and actually let them float down, unattached for about 50 yards.  Then we had my dad or one of my cousins catch them down stream.  These pictures look a lot more dangerous than it really was.  The water level was way low and there weren't any 'rapids.'  These kids were in Heaven! My brother, sissy-in-law and some of my cousins and I actually had someone drop us at the top and tubed down a ways.  I felt confident about it so I went back and got Quoia and let her ride on my lap for awhile.  We had too much fun!  



















 One of the mornings our whole crew (about 30 of us) headed into town to check out the shops.  They had my favorite!

At night we enjoyed the campfire, games and hearing stories from my grandparents. 
I'm so glad I have the opportunity and support to create these memories with Sequoia but we so miss Dillon at times like this.  Next time baby!

No comments: