.

.

5.09.2013

Boston- Round 1

It seemed like April flew by between school, taxes, doctors appointments, family/friends, birthdays and working on the worst case I've investigated in my six year career.  I was so ready to visit Dillon by the end of the month.  He had been gone six weeks!  I've worked some things out/a miracle happened and this summer Quoia and I will be able to spend significantly more time visiting Dillon than ever before. Our first trip was a huge success here is a little rundown:

*We took a direct flight.  This has never happened for Quoia and me and it was so nice.  Boston is an easy/cheap airport to fly in and out of and I'm so grateful!

*The night we got in I didn't feel well.  A migraine ensued and I literally laid in Dillon's bed/the tub for two days.  I felt terrible but it was a good time for it to happen I guess.  I had someone to wait on me hand and foot and Dillon and Q got to spend a lot of quality time together.

*I finally got feeling better Saturday afternoon and Sunday we hit the city!  

Dillon took us to the Boston Children's Museum right downtown.  It is one of the best in the country and had so much to do! Bubbles/Climbing/Playing Pretend/Arts/Crafts/Race Tracks/Grocery Store/Beauty Shop/Construction Zone/You Name It!  We actually ended up buying season passes!

*Dillon had asked several locals where to eat.  We kept hearing 'Legals' had the best seafood in town.
Maybe we had gotten our hopes up.  Or maybe it was too 'fresh' but we weren't totally over the moon about Legals.  Its okay though, we ate plenty of good food during our visit.  

*Dillon had to work most everyday and I actually telecommuted a lot too but it was nice for me to not have to be anywhere and be home when Dillon got home from work.  There are lots of families in Dillon's office this year and Sequoia and I had a lot of fun hanging with them and living the life of a stay at home mom.  We went to the park everyday, watched movies, played games and relaxed!

*One very important appointment we did have was an ultrasound!  Dillon and I both did some research and found an awesome little place in Brookline (darling Boston suburb) to find out the gender of our baby.  I'm so glad we were able to find out together! I will do a separate post about the appointment, our reactions and the pregnancy so far, soon.  But we learned we are expecting another little girl and we are thrilled!
Girls Rule!!!
 
*The ultrasound technician recorded the baby's heartbeat and put it into this stuffed owl.  We told Sequoia it is her baby sister's owl and it's her job to take care of it until the baby comes.  
So far she's doing a fantastic job!  After the appointment we strolled the streets and had brunch in Brookline.  It was a great day.  

*Later that night, Sequoia was invited to her first big girl/non family sleepover.  One of the girls in the office was having a slumber party!  I can't believe Q is old enough for this but away she went!
 From what we hear it was quite the party!  They moved all the mattresses into the living room and watched a movie, made a craft and had lots of treats.  They stayed up until after midnight and Sequoia said she was so tired in the morning but all the girls woke her up because she was the only one still sleeping.  She also refused to put on her PJ's because she thought that meant it was time to go to sleep, so she slept in her clothes lol.  Huge shout out to Mrs. Makenzie Asisi for hosting!  What a cool mom!
Sequoia Story.Kelli Wesley.Vea Asisi.Kaylani Wesley.Hudson Ford.Vivian Asisi

*Dillon and I took advantage of our time sans child and got massages.  We planned on doing dinner after but I wasn't feeling good, again, and opted for ordering a pizza- which I later threw up.  I got another migraine and cut the date night short :(

*Luckily I woke up feeling much better.  

*Dillon's apartment complex has a train station right in the parking lot.  The train goes into the heart of downtown!  This is nice because the husbands take all the cars to work all day.

*After riding the train once I felt pretty confident about it.  I decided on Dillon's long day I would take the train into the city and take Quoia back to the Children's Museum.  The other wives thought I was a little crazy, but I assured them I think I was meant to live in a big city and recruited some of them to join us!

*So, four wives hauled seven children onto the train and into downtown.  Lots of people stared. 
 *Sequoia loved riding the train!
 We missed Dillon at the museum but it was fun having other kids for Quoia.  There's so much to do there, we did all new stuff and still haven't seen it all!  I think a couple of Sequoia's favorite things are the pretend grocery story, hair salon and this four story climbing thing.  Can you find Q?

*After several hours of letting the kids run wild we walked to a little cafe for lunch.  We had some time before the next train back so we let the kids play outside for a bit before walking back to South Station.  There is a Pinkberry in South Station.  I was stoked, Quoia didn't mind either.

*The next day was another Sunday Funday!  We headed back into the city, this time to the Boston Aquarium.  I really loved just walking the streets of downtown.  Boston is such a clean, cool city and the weather was just perfect.  The aquarium is huge and right on the water.  The coolest thing we saw was a giant octopus!  

 Quoia measuring herself to a fish-

 They had a lot of interactive things to do to, like touch starfish and pet string rays.  Quoia loved it!

 *Have I mentioned how in love Dillon and Quoia are?  They are just the cutest and have such a special bond.  It's indescribable.  We literally enjoyed every second of our time with Dillon and as a family!

On our last day Dillon took me shopping and to dinner for Mother's Day.  Packing my things and saying goodbye is seriously the worst!  I actually booked my next flight that day because I couldn't stand the thought of not knowing when we would see each other again.  Thankfully it won't be too long.  Dillon took some pictures of my belly before I left so I can document this pregnancy a little bit.  Quoia asked if she could take one of us together.  She actually did a pretty good job and I just love how happy we are in it.  Everything's better when we're together.  

What a great trip!  I Can't wait to go back!!!

1 comment:

Hull Family said...

Kim!!! What a fun trip! I love how brave you were to take the TRAIN into the city with all those kids, I'm impressed!
Love the heartbeat owl. That is such a fun idea. So sweet that Sequoia gets to take care of it.