So Dillon's been gone selling for about a month now. I feel like it's gone by pretty fast. This year has definitely been easier than last year, I think it's because I had time to prepare myself and Sequoia. People always ask "how I do it." But the truth is, it's A LOT easier on me than it is on him. I get to live in our house with our things, with our daughter, with our family and friends close by. He, on the other hand, is living in a lonely apartment without any of those things. But for either of us I really don't think it's as bad as it seems. Sequoia and I have our little routine for days I work from home, days I'm in the office and days we get to spend together.
Most days are busy, busy but a little mundane. And clearly we wear our puppies right out!
Usually it's all I can do to work 40 hours a week, keep up with Sequoia and run household, but this past week, I let my hair down, made time for myself, and got a little wild!
Sister Em has been so awesome since Dil's been gone. She comes and keeps me company almost every night. We stay up til all hours of the night literally crying one second and laughing the next. She has become Sequoia's second mom and helps me out in so many ways. She never asks for anything in return but when she mentioned we should go to the Kelly Clarkson concert I thought the least I could do would be to take her as my date.
Sister Em has been so awesome since Dil's been gone. She comes and keeps me company almost every night. We stay up til all hours of the night literally crying one second and laughing the next. She has become Sequoia's second mom and helps me out in so many ways. She never asks for anything in return but when she mentioned we should go to the Kelly Clarkson concert I thought the least I could do would be to take her as my date.
We had a great time! Kelly was awesome and the people watching didn't disappoint either. I'm sure people around us were thinking the same thing as we were taking these awesome photos...
After the concert I was so excited to be out sans child, I begged Em to let me take her to Yogurtland. Can you tell we love it? Yeah, we go at least weekly.
It just so happened the concert fell during the same week I had made plans for a girls night. Since you have to make reservations weeks ahead I didn't want to cancel just because I had gone out earlier in the week. Sequoia didn't seem to mind (like she ever does) so off I was for another night on the town! Dillon and I had gone to this fun little place the weekend he left and had such a great time I was excited to go back with some girlfriends.
Please note that we were so awesome the girl on the far left is a complete and total stranger who jumped in our picture as we were taking it.
Things started out pretty mellow, just dinner and girl chat. But as the night wore on all us mommies (yes 7 children between us and I'm the oldest one!) got our groove on and we had a great time! If you don't know what Keys on Main is its dueling pianos and really entertaining!
I was also lucky enough this week to have dinner with the twiners, Jordan and Josh and Josh's fiance' Jenna. The entire time we were eating Sequoia was totally checking out this little boy at the table next to us. We were all laughing hysterically. I took this picture to send to Dil to show him how much trouble we're in for when she's a teenager.
1 comment:
Kim, I just want you to know that I think you are awesome!! I admire you so much for all that you do. You amaze me!!
I think that if you ever do want to get into the party planning buisness, we should do it together!! How fun would that be? Looks liek your mom's party turned out great!!
Well I hope that you guys really do come here for a visit. We would LOVE to see you!!
Post a Comment