.

.

3.05.2012

Peace Officers Convention and the Superbowl

A few months ago my dad mentioned he was going to the Utah Peace Officer's Association Mid-Winter Conference and asked if I would want to come too. I got clearance from my department and my supervisor and was so excited to go! Wednesday night we packed up the UHP truck and headed to sunny St. George. I remember going with my dad when I was younger and hanging out at the hotel while he was in trainings but now that I'm an officer I got to attend too!

The training was EXCELLENT! The key note speakers were two officers who were involved in shootings and I learned so much. I literally could not type notes fast enough the entire two days. They also had a banquet dinner one of the nights and at the end of the second day we went out to the shooting range and had some real fun! One of the bomb experts let me hit the detonator switch which resulted in this:

Pretty sweet right? The best part about the conference was all the quality time I got to spend with my dad. It's so awesome having someone to relate to work stuff with, and although I would have never admitted it as a teenager, my dad is pretty rad.

My dad and I invited my mom and Dillon but my mom had to work and Dillon had a work retreat on Friday night (and I think he doesn't police officers lol) so they didn't come. But I decided to let my little lady tag along. My grandparents spend winters in St. George and they were SO excited to tend her for two days. She had a blast soaking up some warmer weather and entertaining grandma and grandpa great.

My aunt and uncle also live in St. George and my little cousin Landon came over to play with Sequoia one of the days. She had so much fun with him I wish I could have just brought him home with us to be the sibling Sequoia doesn't have.

It's always nice to change things up a little bit and visit St. George.

Saturday, after I got home, Dillon and I got ready for our super bowl 'party'. It was a fun excuse to have people over even though we didn't care for either of the teams. I think Dillon was particularly glad to have his friends come over since he won't be seeing most of them for a few months.

Chad and Jill (you guys are so pretty, why don't you just get married and have babies already?!)

and Jack and Rachel.

Mr. Beuring

Sequoia loves when we have get-togethers. All of our friends who had babies the same time as us had boys, but she definitely doesn't seem to mind. Here she is going in for a hug, and what later turned out to be an open mouth kiss with he bud Kaden. Kaden and Sequoia were born one day apart in the same hospital, we just love Kaden's mom and dad and these two play really well together.

I had a great time in St. George but was so glad to get home to my man. Love him!

No comments: