.

.

3.11.2012

Daddy Daughter Fairy Ball

At the end of February Sequoia's school put on the most darling daddy daughter dance. Dillon was supposed to leave town earlier in the month but insisted he couldn't miss this occasion. He literally took the red eye as soon as the dance was over and didn't regret it for a second!

I may or may not have LOVED getting her all glammed up. Dillon was so cute and waited downstairs like a gentleman for his date to get ready.

When she came down he had a beautiful bouquet of pink flowers for her.

After a couple quick pics they were off the the ball.

It killed me not to be able to go and see all the daddies and girls and the school all decked out but between Dillon's phone and the school's blog I got a pretty good idea, and I was totally impressed! Her school is just magical!


Apparently they had food, face painting, fairy pledging, wand making, and here they are putting pixie dust in their own little bottle.

After dinner, a special guest arrived. It was a 'real life fairy'! All the girls gathered around and the fairy asked for a volunteer to dance with her. Sequoia was the first to oblige which I think is so crazy because she was one of the youngest ones there. The school is for kids up to age nine so I was pretty surprised, but Dillon said she was so brave.


After dancing the fairy posed for pictures. This little tree house is inside the school and Sequoia loves to play in it. Dillon said she was so annoyed that she couldn't go in the red door during pictures that she was grumpy through the photo session, but I think they turned out cute.


Daddy and Sequoia ended the ball dancing the night away with Sequoia's little friends. He said she was so cute and danced her little heart out, I'll upload the video if I get a chance. When they got home Sequoia was super hyper and wanted to tell me all about her special night. She was so adorable I couldn't help but snap a few more pictures.



What a great night for my two loves. I'm so glad Dillon was sweet enough to wait to leave town. Like I said he flew out right after the dance and will be gone for several months. I think having this special one on one time has helped in the transition for Sequoia.

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

What a fun school activity! She looks adorable.

I didn't know Dillon was doing summer sales again. Where is he off to this year?