.

.

12.28.2009

Ho, Ho, Ho

We had such a great Christmas this year, having a kid to share it with really does make it so much fun, even if she didn't know what was going on. It felt like we celebrated all week, it was defiantly fun but we still feel like we're recuperating.

We started the Sunday before Christmas at the Thomas get together. I didn't get pictures but BUNCO never gets old and I won a flying monkey in the white elephant exchange. On the eve before Christmas Eve (if that makes sense...), we attended the Clayton Family Party, complete with dinner, an official announcement regarding a wedding in 2010, reporting our service for the year, a white elephant exchange, which I reluctantly regifted my flying monkey, a 'professional' photo session, and a lot of fun with family.

My darling bro and sis. It's crazy to think Zachary spent his last two Christmases in Taiwan!


Quoia with some of her many babysitters. These two boys are my cousins and Sequoia is quickly becoming the sister they never had. They are so cute with her, she is so lucky she has fun kids to play with. Ironic side note: I babysat them when they were Quoia's age!

Sequoia also got to meet her uncle Brad. He lives in San Diego and we don't get to see him very often so it is always a treat when we do!

On Christmas Eve we went to Nana and Papa's house. We are so glad Nana is feeling better, she really gave us a scare a few days before. I am grateful for amazing sisters-in-law who cook and made it possible for us to continue the Christmas Eve tradition. All I did was bring the cheese ball... what good am I?
Quoia and Nana

Dillon and his brothers
Josh, Jordan, Kyler, and Dillon

And all the kids (Sequoia's step-cousins), it's crazy how many there are now, and how big they're getting!
Brooklyn, Kiah, Gavin, and Kein

I asked Dillon what traditions he wanted to start now that we have a kid. He said he liked the tradition of getting to open one present on Christmas Eve (of course). We were totally suckered! Wouldn't you be?

So Sequoia got to open one present a little early... like a month early but she still loves this thing!


The rest of our Christmas Eve consisted of mine and Dillon's gift to each other, it was a covert operation and we're so glad Zac, Em, and Angie joined us. It was defiantly a Christmas I won't forget.

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!

It started with Quoia getting her stocking where she found books, clothes, and two Disney classics, which she loves.

I can't get over how much she loves tags. That is what she is checking out in this picture. It is also her favorite part on her exersaucer.

Quoia was a good girl this year!!!


She's really been into paper and the noise it makes lately so I thought she would enjoy unwrapping presents, I wrapped everything. Unfortunately all she would focus on were the dogs enjoying their Christmas presents so Dillon and I ended up unwrapping everything, silly girl.

After we had our little family Christmas, we headed to my parents.

I guess Quoia was a VERY good girl, because Santa left some presents at grandma and grandpa's too.

Baby, all I want for Chirstmas is you...


That afternoon we went to Grandma Story's for ebleskievers. I love that tradition, Quoia can have some next year, but this year she was more than content with just this bell.

And finally, the day after Christmas My mom, Emily, Quoia, and I went to visit Grandma Ford. We love her so much and wish we got to see her more often.
another four generations picture, apparently mom didn't like the last one


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
We hope your holidays were as good as ours!

5 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I can't get over how beautiful Quoia is. It must be so fun to have a baby to share Christmas with!

Kiara said...

You seriously have the cutest family Kim! I LOVED your chrisas card... We really need to get together soon!

Kiara said...

I meant Christmas card...

Heather Heaton said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Your little girl is so cute and getting so big already! Crazy!

The Hull Family said...

Sounds like a crazy busy, but fun Christmas!! Love the pictures of Sequoia with the giant red bow on her head.
We just bought our tickets to come to Utah for the 4th of July. We will be there an entire week!! We are excited to see you guys!!