.

.

12.18.2009

Graduation

Okay, so, I have been working as a probation/parole officer for about two years now, so it's kinda confusing why I'm just now finishing the police academy. Let me explain. I went to the first half of the academy in 2007 and became a certified Correctional Officer. I worked in a halfway house and the prison and that was all the certification I needed. I later applied to work for Adult Probation and Parole and was hired but the position required Law Enforcement Officer certification. So, my department enrolled me and shortly after I started I found out I was expecting Sequoia. I begged them to let me stay but it was impossible with the type of physical training that was required. Luckily I have an awesome employer that let me stay and put me on light duty while I was pregnant, let me take an extended maternity leave, then sent me back. So, for the last ten weeks this is the class I trained with.

No, I was not the only girl. There were two others for most of the training. Unfortunately they did not pass the firearms portion or physical test and were not able to graduate, but I sure enjoyed they're company while they were there. These guys were pretty cool though.

Taking the oath.

Because my dad is a Law Enforcement Officer he was able to present me with my certificate. So cool! I have to say, this graduation meant more than my Correctional Officer graduation or my college graduation.


Dillon was able to come this time but not last time. It meant the world to me. He was so sweet, and so supportive the last ten weeks. He was a shoulder to cry on, a hand to rub my aches and pains, and constantly told me I could do it. Not to mention he was the worlds best dad on several early mornings and late nights. I honestly could not have done it with out you babe!

I had a whole section cheering for me!
(Including a small army of people from my office, who I failed to get pictures with)
Randy and Christy

Trudy and Dennis (who snuck out before pictures)


my parents and sister

And grandma and grandpa, who brought me these beautiful flowers.
Thanks everyone who came, and everyone who helped and encouraged me the last ten weeks. This was honestly one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I learned so much, not to mention lost all my baby weight and then some. I can now shoot faster and more accurately, fight for my life, drive really fast without being scared, clear a building, pack a mean punch, tell you anything you want to know about law, and the list goes on and on...



Thanks again dad for your great example and encouragement and for being there to present this to me.

7 comments:

the dunns said...

That is hardcore.... not to mention awesome that you were the only girl to make it through!!! Congrats. Your Christmas Card was so cute.

Our Family said...

Kim, I am so proud of you. What an accomplishment. You rock!

Katie said...

Wow Kim! That is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations! I would have never guess that you were interested in that, you are too sweet.

christina said...

congratulations!isnt it the best feeling to graduate?! we are so hapy for you!

Heather Heaton said...

Congrats Kim! That is so great!

The Hull Family said...

Congratulations Kim!! That is such an accomplishment! I love that you were the only girl to graduate with all those boys...you rock! And you look absolutly fabulous!! I think I will need some fitness advice after my baby girl comes in March.

TAMI said...

Congrats that is awesome!!