I know it's a week into the new year but I've been thinking a lot about the year ahead and can't help but think what a wonderful year I just had. I'm not a huge believer in resolutions, but I do like constantly having goals and I feel like Dillon and I did a good job of meeting our goals we had for last year.
I saw this on my mom's friend Judy's blog and thought it was a good way to wrap up the year, and we got these family pictures done last month so I thought it would be a good way to remember what our family was like in 2009. So here goes 2009 by the numbers:
1- Our 1st baby was born on the 1st of June.
Dillon enjoyed his 1st fathers day.

2- The number of states we lived in this year.
The number of years it had been since I had seen my little bro when I saw him in June.
The number of graduations we celebrated (college for Dillon, academy for me).
We also planted 2 trees in our yard. Updating our landscape was one of our goals.

3- Jobs we had combined (APX and Taco Bell for Dillon, AP&P for me).
Months I took off for maternity leave.

4- Years of marriage we've had together.
Months we spent in New York.
I ran a 4 mile race 4 months after having the baby.

5- The number of cool places I could think of that we visited... Cancun, Moab, New York, California, and Jackson Hole.
I was pregnant for roughly 5 months in 2009
Dillon spent 6 weeks in training for his new job this fall.

8- Okay so I couldn't think of anything, but neither of us got any speeding tickets this year. Defiantly something worth mentioning if you know Dillon (literally this is the first year without one since we've been married). Plus that's a double zero... put them on top of each other and there ya go 00.
The age of our primary class kids.
Weeks I trained in the law enforcement academy.
Lots- of food storage and emergency supplies purchased. One of our goals was 1 years worth... we made it!
of memories made on the snowmobile.
trips to the city and the beach.
of time spent with Dillon's mom, my mom, and Dillon's dad and stepmom when they came to visit us this summer.
of Jazz games attended this spring when we were season ticket holders.
of fun with each other and with family over the holidays and all year long!





3 comments:
That was cute way you counted down the year.... don't be surprised if I copy next year. I could never make a cake like Bridger's. I got it from a place called Dippidee in American Fork by Costco.
Kim!! I saw the link to your blog on Judy's page and jumped on over. I can't believe I didn't know you had a baby. Congratulations! She's gorgeous, just like her parents :-) Sounds like you guys have had a busy but wonderful year. Life in Hawaii is interesting. I'm trying to remind myself of the positives all the time. We're actually heading home in March because I'm pregnant with #5 and don't dare have the baby here because the hospital is awful and it will be C-section #5. We're excited to see everyone. I miss the cul-de-sac and our awesome neighbors. Tell your parents hi for us!
Jeanne Haslam
Beautiful family pictures!!
Love how you summed up the year in numbers, what a great idea!! And congratulations on meeting so many of your 2009 and goals! Can you give some advice on how to do that please?
Post a Comment