To be honest, I'm usually more than ready for school to start. I feel like I'm burned out and the kids and I are ready for a break from each other. This year was not like that. I have to attribute it to Dillon being home as well as working more myself. I was so sad to see summer go and really felt like I would miss the summer days with my girls. But, we buckled down and did the back to school thing.
First thing, Quoia chopped her hair!
I am so pleased with how it turned out and I think she is too. She just looks so grown up!
Quoia also lost a bunch of teeth just before school started. She looks like a second grader with all those missing teeth!
We went to back to school night and met Q's teacher. She was darling and we are so excited to have her this year!
Finally the big day came! Second Grade!
Sequoia was so ready. She has lots of friends in her class and has loved her teacher. She really is so smart and tested beyond a third grade level in most subjects in their first of school pretests. We are so proud of her! Also, I thought her school pictures this year were just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!
I debated sending Winter to preschool this year or waiting one more. She has an October birthday and ultimately I decided two years of preschool was plenty. But, the whole first week of school this would happen when we dropped Sequoia off:
She would scream for Sequoia and cry how much she missed her. She would beg to go to school and I literally changed my mind daily about just enrolling her and letting her go. Poor thing. I tried to take her to do fun things just the two of us and that seemed to help.
Another thing that has helped is I enrolled Winter in dance this year. She has done night and day different from last year. She LOVES going and asks daily if its 'dance day.' I think it helps her feel grown up and 'like sissy.'
School, homework and dance has kept us busy. Quoia is also enrolled in several after school/extra curricular activities. More on all that later :)



No comments:
Post a Comment