In November, my parents sold their home. The home I {primarily} grew up in. They had lived there over 20 years so moving them was... an effort. It seemed like we spent most of our weekends in October and November going through things and moving things. Em came up to help and we had a pretty successful yard sale.
We kind of died at some of the treasures we found!
Neither of us drink soda but we needed this this day:
After all the work was done the reality set in of all the memories we had in that house. I was about eight when we moved there. It's crazy and nostalgic.
This was the hallway and my bedroom growing up. At some point it was all of our bedroom cause it was the best in the house, but it was mine in high school. OH the MEMORIES here! I sat in front of the closet mirrors everyday to put my makeup on. The box on the ceiling was put there to access a pipe after it flooded twice. The walls were lime green at one point. The phone jack was soooo cool in the days before cell phones. I was asked to prom by my not so secret crush in this room. I snuck Dillon in this room one night clllleeeaaarrr back in the day. Me, Zac and Em all slept on the floor in here together on many Christmas Eve's and the night before both Zac and Em left on their missions. The list goes on and on. I am so happy for my parents and this new chapter in their lives as empty nesters but I will miss this house and neighborhood.
My dad put so much time and love into this yard and garden of his. We have three dogs buried in this dog kennel. My girls spent many days playing back here just like their mama.
So many good times.




No comments:
Post a Comment