.

.

5.11.2015

A Special Surprise and Moab

Every year my family goes to Moab for Jeep Safari.  Dillon had been selling in Denver and we joked/talked briefly about him meeting us in Moab when we went.  The day before I was leaving Dillon said there was just no way he could meet us but to have fun.  I was bummed but not really surprised.  A few hours later, I was knee deep in laundry, house a wreck, trying to get kids to bed, wondering how I'd have everything ready to leave in the morning when Dillon sent me a text saying to guess where he was.  He then sent me a picture of the off ramp near our house.  I was so confused and ran outside only to find Mr. Story on my doorstep.  I was SO thrilled.  In ten years of selling/traveling for work he has NEVER surprised me!  

Anyway, long story short Dillon got to join us in Moab for the first time in like forever before flying back East the next week!

I think the whole way to Moab I was still shocked he was actually there with me.  We stopped at the most adorable restaurant for breakfast and took our time enjoying the road trip there.

Usually when I go camping with my family the girls and I just shack up in my parents trailer with them but with all of us its a little cramped.  So we brought our tent and actually 'camped' this time.  It was so fun and the girls loved it!

The campground we stayed at had a pool and we had amazing weather to enjoy it!




The first day we just enjoyed the pool and relaxing at camp.  But the second day my aunt Tammy and uncle Brent invited us on a hike while some of the others went Jeeping.  It was 4.5 miles to a waterfall and we figured we would just go as far as we could with two kids.  I'm amazed and happy to say we all made it the entire 9 miles!





Both girls were such troopers!  Especially Sequoia, she loved hiking.  We sure appreciated Brent, Tammy, and Connors help though!


Finally the waterfall!

Winter was so cute when we ate our lunch at the waterfall.  She loved getting dirty and playing in the freezing water!




I'm not going to lie the last couple miles were a little rough.  Nine miles was lofty for our first family hike but it was fun!

I know, I'm a lucky girl!!!

We spent the rest of the trip hanging with my fam.  

We love them, and camping, and Moab and being all together!  Until next year...

No comments: