I can't believe how quick time is passing! I feel like I'm already forgetting things so I figured I'd write a few highlights of Winter's first two weeks.
We came home from the hospital on October 10, 2013.
I have a lot of helpers here at home. Dillon is the best and does more than his share of changing diapers, cooking meals, baths, bedtimes and playing games/entertaining Sequoia.
Our dogs were just as curious about little Winnie as they were when we brought Quoia home. Ashlyn constantly checks in on her if I leave the door open.
Don't worry, she does not sleep with the Boppy or loose blankets, and is not left unattended with the pit bull- we just sat her in there for a second and this happened
And my best helper- Miss Q. She has made the transition to two kids so easy! I love that she is old enough to know what's going on and just wants to be involved. We haven't seen a hint of jealousy, she just adores her little sister and it's the cutest interaction I've ever seen! One day Dillon was teasing Winter saying she grunts like a little pig. Sequoia immediately became upset and yelled, "Don't tease my sister!!!" She is so sweet!
When we left the hospital Winter's Bili levels were a little high. After having them checked three days in a row they spiked at 17 and the doctor ordered we get the Bili Lights. Winter was to be in her little tanning bed at all times except feedings and changes. She hated it. She just cried in there unless she knew we were right there. It was so sad! She just held my hand all night. Luckily she got better quick and we sent them back a couple days later.
Since then Winnie has been nothing but a great baby. She eats like a champ every three hours and sleeps three to four hour stretches at night. She LOVES to be held/snuggled and we don't mind a bit!
one week old
two weeks old
At her two week check up she hadn't quite reached her birth weight but was still a healthy 7.5lbs. The doctor said she looked great!
Winter has had lots of visitors since being home. She is so loved! I've taken her out a couple of times and people always comment on her hair. It's funny, when its wet it is super curly and then it dries sticking straight up no matter what we do. It seems to get lighter each day too. Dillon was giving her a bath the other night and she grabbed a handful of hair. She was yanking it and we couldn't get her little grasp undone. She was squawking up a storm, literally pulling her hair out. She was so mad it was hurting but couldn't figure out it was her doing it. It was pretty funny. Ugh! We just can't get enough of this little one and are really enjoying being a family of four.

1 comment:
What a cutie! Can't wait to meet her! This post made me so excited for our little girl to arrive. Yay for baby girls!
Post a Comment