We had such a great Christmas this year! I don't think Sequoia got the whole concept but it was still fun seeing her get so excited about things.
We started out at Papa and Nana's house on Christmas Eve with Dillon's brothers and step-brothers and their families.
We started out at Papa and Nana's house on Christmas Eve with Dillon's brothers and step-brothers and their families.
Trudy had made delicious soups and desserts and the kids were so good to play and entertain each other while the adults ate and visited. Even with all these presents with their names on them!
Sequoia checking out some of her loot. She had so much fun with Papa, Nanna, Kyson and her step-cousins.
After Trudy and Dennis' we went home and read The Three Trees (sadly the closest to a Christmas Story we had) and put Sequoia down. The next morning Dillon and I were up bright and early because we had been storing a present (a puppy) for some friends to give their kids on Christmas and had to make the special delivery. We literally waited over two hours for Sequoia to wake up. We watched two episodes of Prison Break and were so excited when we finally started to hear her stir... she didn't know what was going on when we rushed into her room to get her!
But she quickly caught on that this Santa guy we had been talking about had left her some good stuff. She was so happy!!!
Once she saw her kitchen she got right to making us breakfast and couldn't have cared less about all the other presents waiting to be opened. We finally bribed her into opening some other things. I think Santa might be done with wrapping gifts at our house from now on...
I don't remember taking this picture but how cute/candid is it?
Checking out her stocking. I love that Dillon built us a fire that morning for effect.
I couldn't wait for her to open the dress up box and once she did she couldn't get enough of it!
Santa even found our puppies!
Sequoia was just too fun this year!
After we had our little family Christmas we got ready and headed over to have a breakfast of ebleskivers with this crew.
Breakfast was at Grandma Story's house. I snapped this picture of Dillon and his grandma right before he gave her her present. She is just the sweetest lady ever and we love her so much!
Grandma and Grandpa Story gave Sequoia the coolest paper dolls I've ever seen. Everyone had a great time playing with them after breakfast.
After visiting at the Story's for a bit we went to my parents and put Sequoia down for a nap. I guess my siblings and I are all just a bunch of big kids cause we opened all our presents and had Christmas while she was sleeping. We just couldn't wait! And I might have gotten the coolest gift ever!!!
My dad gave me his old .22 he used to carry in his boot when he was first an officer. Aside from how sentimental it is to me it might be the best/easiest gun to carry concealed. I've tried so many different places/holsters for both my .9mms and they're just so bulky/heavy. But the possibilities are endless with concealing this gem!
Once Sequoia woke up my grandma and grandpa came over. Sequoia adores Grandma and Grandpa Great and can never get enough of them.
We like to tease that Sequoia was so spoiled, but the truth is we all were. We had such a great holiday season and can't wait for the next one. They seem to just be getting better and better!
No comments:
Post a Comment