.

.

1.07.2012

December Festivities

As soon as we got home from Tahoe it seemed like the holidays were in full swing and we jumped right in! The day after we got home was the Story Family Christmas Party with all of Dillon's extended family.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner and a live nativity put on by the little ones. I personally thought the angel was the cutest but I'm probably biased.
We also did a gift exchange and while Sequoia LOVED her present she was also entertained by this laundry basket.

What a classy looking group!

The Story Party was on a Saturday afternoon and that evening we were invited to an adult only ugly sweater party. I'm so, so sad we didn't get any pictures at that event because it was a hoot! Our sweaters, or Christmas turtle necks, were hideous and we had a great time. It was with some of my friends from high school who I literally have not seen in years. We played lots of fun Minute to Win it games and enjoyed some grown up time. Guess you'll have to have another one next year Katie, so I can take some pictures!

I had told Dillon I wanted to go to the lights at Temple Square since I honestly don't think we've ever been together, and then Jenna mentioned it to Josh so about the second week in December, we invited Kyler, Julia, Kyson and Jordan but Jordan couldn't come. Sequoia was really interested in all the Christmas lights this year so we were excited to take her.

We also invited our friends the Obergs and we're so glad they came! I feel like we never see them! Before we went to the lights we all went to dinner.

These two kinda did this on their own. It was so cute we had to capture it on camera just in case they ever get married or something, how cute!!!

Thankfully we've had a pretty mild winter so it didn't seem that cold up there. I still hate bundling and all the layers but I love my little fam and had a great time with them!

The third weekend in December we attended a surprise birthday party for our friend Chad. I didn't get any pictures at this event either, but rest assured we had a blast there too!

That week was Sequoia's last week at school before the holidays. On her last day they had a Polar Express Pajama Party so she got to wear her Christmas Jammie's to school. Dillon took her and dropped her off so when I got home from work and asked her about it pretty much all the info I got was that they had candy and hot chocolate, read stories and sang songs. Sounds like a fun party to me! She had made a cute hand print tree ornament for Dillon and I for Christmas and brought home the cutest little thing to leave for Santa's reindeer.

I really wanted to be an awesome mom with the Elf on the Shelf, an advent calender, and a different activity everyday that Sequoia was out of school but I failed miserably. Christmas seems like such a hectic time to me, plus I felt swamped at work. Dillon and I came up with a little, manageable, schedule of places and things we really wanted to do before Christmas and the three big ones were Temple Square, see a Christmas movie and see Santa. Obviously we made it to Temple Square and we even took Sequoia to see Arthur Christmas, which was DARLING! But we decided since Santa would be coming to my family Christmas party we'd just let her see him then.

Well the day of the party, the day before Christmas Eve, I had to work and it was a crazy day. I told Dillon I'd just meet him there and to not be late because Santa was coming first. But of course Sequoia was still asleep when the party was starting so Dillon woke her up, and bless his heart, did her hair himself. To say she woke up on the wrong side of the bed was an understatement! That girl loves her sleep! She was a major grump the whole party and this was as close as she got to Santa without bursting into tears, so no cute Santa pictures this year I guess.

Luckily Dillon and I still enjoyed ourselves at the party. After dinner we did a white elephant exchange but did it different than I've ever played it. It was madness but probably one of the most fun ways I've done a white elephant ever!

We made a haul on the gifts. Dillon got this hat that sings and dances and I got High School Musical Twister, I'm seriously excited about that!

Mi Familia at the Clayton get together:

Even though it felt like a whirlwind, I'm so glad we were able to do so much and see so many people we love over the holidays. I can't believe they've already come and gone! More posts of Christmas Eve/Day and New Years coming soon!

No comments: