.

.

11.25.2011

Ever wonder why they call it THANKS-giving?

Happy Thanksgiving! If you didn't get the title you don't watch FRIENDS enough. Hahaha!

What kind of holiday would it be if I didn't start it with a race? You'd think I would be getting faster or skinnier with all this running but neither is the case. I ran the annual Turkey Trot and it was actually pretty nice weather and seemed short compared to the last few races I've ran.

We saw my friends Bree and Paityn right when we got there but Em actually ran at my pace (first time ever and only because she ran TO the race and 6 miles after) so I ran with her. We didn't get any pictures of us running so we reenacted it later.

As soon as I got back from running Dillon went to play a little Thanksgiving football and then it was off to the Story's for lunch.


Us with our great hosts, Randy and Christy. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of Grandma Story too, cause she's a rock star.

After lunch we went to my parents. Don't worry, we didn't eat again right away, we napped/watched football for a good hour or so before indulging in another great meal. It was weird just having my siblings there with no cousins.

Dillon, me, Em, Kelsey and Zac


I guess it's a good thing Dillon and I both got a workout in on Thanksgiving. We didn't stop with two dinners. After my parents we headed to Dillon's mom and Dennis's for dessert. I really do love having so much family close by.



PS: Kyler, Julia, Kyson, Jordan, Josh, and Jenna we spent a significant amount of time with you guys and yet have no pictures. I'll make more of an effort at Christmas, deal?

After Trudy and Dennis's we went home, dropped Dillon and Sequoia off and my mom came and got me. I thankfully got my Black Friday on early so I could sleep a bit before work on Friday (bummer).

My mom and I really love the madness but Em was such a wuss! I had to keep reminding her to toughen up a little bit! I'm not sure I'll do Wal-mart again though, it was such a disaster and I was 0 for 2 on the items I went there for. I was, however, one of the lucky ones who didn't get towed and Target more than made up for the crappy Wal-mart experience. I don't think Dillon would have been pleased with me losing his truck...

Waiting in line at Target, I couldn't crop the photo bomber out!

On Saturday My mom, Emily, Sequoia and I went to Grandma Fords. I'm sad I had to work and couldn't get up there earlier to see some of my cousins, like the old days but it was so good to visit Grandma Ford and some of my moms side of the family. Hopefully we'll get up there again at Christmas time, which is sneaking up quick!

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

Thanksgiving night I told Spencer that we are going to Utah next year! I just crave Thanksgivings like the ones I remember as a kid, so take off work next year because we are hanging out and then shopping for sure!!