Last year Emily and I met our cousin Holly in St. George to run the Snow Canyon Half Marathon. We had such a great time we decided to do it again this year. So the week after Halloween Dillon, Sequoia and I drove down with my mom, dad and Emily to meet my cousin Holly, her husband Spencer, their two kids and my aunt Donette. We stayed at my grandma and grandpa's and they are such a hoot!!! We stayed up late every night playing this game and literally laughing to tears. I don't know too many grandparents who are the life of the party but mine sure are!

The night before the race we went to the St. George Expo Center to pick up our packets before we went to dinner. Emily found this sign and we were cracking up. Guess you had to be there.
Last year I remember it being so warm and nice but this year was the total opposite. It was cold and there was snow on the starting line. Holly's baby had a rough night the night before so she didn't end up running and my pace was between Emily's and Donette's so I ran all alone. I had had a pretty draining week the week before and nothing makes me feel better than running. It is such a beautiful course and being all by myself was pretty refreshing. I'm so glad I ended up doing it.
Everyone came to cheer us on at the finish line, which I think is so nice, I know it's not very fun for them. Dillon was so great and even ran part of the last mile with me. He's seriously so great! Emily was of course a rock star and was fifth in her age group. I ended up finishing about 15 minutes faster than last year and I think it was my fastest half to date. Donette wasn't far behind me and I'm so proud she finished her first half. I'm just sad we didn't get a picture together!
No comments:
Post a Comment