Last month Dillon and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. He is always surprising me with cool stuff so I really wanted to do something big for him. I had heard that one of his favorite bands of all time was getting together for a 4 city tour and I knew I had to get tickets to their stop in Vegas. Mind you this was no easy task. But I did some magic and pulled it off. He was so surprised and we have been dying to go for awhile now.
I think we have both needed a break from the everyday and a chance to spend time just the two of us. We have been a lot of places since we've been married but we almost always travel with friends so it was nice to just run away together. This also meant leaving our little angel for three whole days, the longest we've ever done that, but we knew she was in good hands.
I think we have both needed a break from the everyday and a chance to spend time just the two of us. We have been a lot of places since we've been married but we almost always travel with friends so it was nice to just run away together. This also meant leaving our little angel for three whole days, the longest we've ever done that, but we knew she was in good hands.

We left late Friday and drove to my grandparents house in St. George. We visited with them for awhile in the morning then headed to Vegas where I had booked a suite at the Palms. I'm a big Girls Next Door fan and have wanted to stay there for awhile, lame, I know. The concert was at the Pearl Theater so I figured why not. I asked what the chances would be to upgrade to the Hugh Heffner Villa and they told me it would run us about $40,000/night... so... yeah, we passed. After we got settled in we went downstairs and gambled a bit before dinner.
Winner, winner chicken dinner- wait, no I totally lost and suck at gambling. Good thing my man was full of luck though!!!
He was on a roll all weekend and won even more after this. He kept saying we should just quit our jobs, move to Vegas and let him play black jack a few hours a day but I'm not convinced he's that lucky, always fun to leave Vegas with more than you came with though.Then it was time for the concert.

I myself am not a huge Perfect Circle fan but they did put on an AWESOME show! Plus Dillon loved it so I was happy. They played Sunday night as well but I was only able to get tickets for the first night. After seeing them we really wanted to go back so our luck continued when we were able to scalp some tickets out front even though it was completely sold out. The second night was even better than the first!After the show some friends of ours, who were also in Vegas, decided they were going to get married. I'm pretty sure it's still a secret so I have to be careful about pictures/info, but they asked us if we'd want to come along. We thought it would be pretty cool to witness a true Vegas elope so we were in. They had a limo come pick us up and we were off to the drive thru wedding chapel.

Um, yeah, this was Nature, the minister. Yes her name was Nature. No she is not a minister as well as an exotic dancer... that we know of... She actually did a really good job and it was a pretty sweet ceremony.

After the wedding we drove around in the limo for awhile, got some food, and decided to call it a night. Uh! I had the best time with my man! Who says you can't be old and married and still have fun?



No comments:
Post a Comment