.

.

11.29.2010

Happy Thanksgiving


We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year, and as always, spent lots of time with our loved ones. Something we did a little different though was not seeing them all on the same day and I gotta say it was kinda nice. We ate Thanksgiving dinner with Dillon's step-mom Christy's family since we would be spending the rest of the weekend with my family (a separate post to come). The Thomas's were so sweet and cooked a lot of delicious food. Sequoia definitely enjoyed her first Thanksgiving dinner that she was able to eat!

I feel like we just took it easy this year. I opted not to run the annual Turkey Trot 5K. It was about 12 degrees outside and my warm bed seemed like a better place to be! Dillon did get up and went snowboarding though, he's pretty much gone every chance he's had since they opened.
After dinner we enjoyed a little football. As you can see Dillon was pretty into the game, as were his brothers. Sequoia on the other hand was only interested in getting a sip of Daddy's pepsi.... which she did. She was a very good girl all day, especially considering she didn't get a nap.

Later that evening we stopped by Dillon's mom's house for some homemade clam chowder. Sequoia loves visiting papa and nana. They have some toy cars which she just loves. She has now added nana, car and nun nun to her vocabulary.

After we got home and got the baby to bed my holiday began. I LOVE that stores now start black friday the night before! My mom came and got me and we rushed to toys r us. I wish everyone were as easy to shop for as Sequoia. I had a list of about three things I was going to get there but ended up with a little bit more... now I just have to get everyone elses presents! We took what can only be described as a nap, before we were back at it at Wal Mart at 4:45. I know I'm nuts but I totally love the craziness of black friday. I love that my mom goes too and it has kind of become a tradition.

I honestly think I might like Thanksgiving more than Christmas. I have such great childhood memories with all my cousins at Thanksgiving and it's nice to take a day just to think about all that I've been blessed with.
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Paityn Ann said...

Hey! miss you. Email me your address so we can send your our christmas card. paitynann@gmail.com

The Hull Family said...

Wish we could have been in Utah to be with you guys on Thanksgiving and more importantly on Black Friday!! I'm with you, I love me some black Friday deals!!