.

.

3.02.2010

Seemed a lot Longer

Sequoia is now nine months old! Nine months seemed a lot longer when we were waiting for her to arrive. She is growing up so fast and seems to change everyday. I started this post awhile ago but was waiting for her nine month check up to post it so I could put up her stats. Her appointment was scheduled for Friday and when I got out of the shower and ready to go I found her like this:
Poor thing fell asleep in her exercauser so I rescheduled. In the mean time here are a few milestones and pictures of Quoia at nine months old.

Her hair is getting so long, I love it except in the front. I trimmed her bangs a little after I took this picture but sometimes I think her hair is out of control. I just don't like anything getting in the way of those big beautiful blue eyes!
She has ONE tooth! Just one but we're expecting more any day now. It's a rare occasion we even see it though because she still likes to stick her tongue out.

She is a really good eater. We haven't found anything she doesn't really like. But her all time favorite is GOGURT! She literally eye balls it when I get it out of the fridge and gets mad when its all gone.


She is getting more and more independent. She can feed herself her bottle, crawl anywhere and pull herself up on certain things. One of those things, her crib. I learned the hard way that it was time to move the mattress down. We came in after her nap to find her on the floor after she had crawled/fell out of her crib. Please don't call DCFS. We fixed the crib right there and then and have taken other steps in 'baby proofing' the house since.

Speaking of her crib she recently started sleeping like this. I always lay her on her back with the blanket snugly tucked around her, and no matter what when I go to check on her she looks like this. It scares me to death but the doctor told me it's okay and that there's probably nothing I can do about it at this point. Let's be honest, she is the boss, she'll sleep how she wants.

Sequoia love to be outside and loves to watch whatever is going on around her. She also loves all the attention she gets everywhere we go and is happy no matter who's holding her. However, her absolute most favorite place to be is the bath tub! I think she would stay in there all day if we'd let her. She just splashes and laughs and plays with her bath toys. Sometimes she gets angry with me when I take her out and dry her off.

A couple weekends ago we were out to dinner at Red Lobster and while we were waiting to be seated she literally almost jumped out of my arms and into the live lobster tank. She just loves water. I guess we're all a little excited for summertime by the pool. Unfortunately for the next couple of months this is as close as we're probably going to get. Quoia doesn't seem to mind. I'm not a huge fan of videos but she was just having too much fun the other night while dad was at work so I couldn't resist.

2 comments:

The Hull Family said...

9 months already...that is crazy!!! I really can't wait to meet her, she is such a little doll!

TAMI said...

Yay! she gotta tooth :) she is so cute! I love her.